Strange electric noises (Pro)

Strange electric noises (Pro)

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Strange electric noises (Pro)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Larry
    Participant

Hello,

received this laptop (Mi notebook pro) yesterday and at night when it was really silent in my house, i started hearing strange electrical noises when scrolling through websites and doing benchmarks. Should I be worried? Maybe contact warranty? If some of you have experienced something similar please help me out! I might be able to upload a video or a sound clip if some of you need to hear it.

Regards,
    Larry

Chris G
    Keymaster

Nothing to worry about that is from the CPU/GPU and could be coil whine. A little is normal, but only if it’s very loud then I would be concerned.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Larry
    Participant

Similar to what an HDD would sound like in a laptop though much quieter. Thanks for your answer.

Maybe you know if there will be a bios 0401 update available? I had nvme speeds right out of the box though TDP isn’t unlocked.

Also what charger are you European people rocking? Included US>EU adapter is quite bulky.

Larry
    Participant

<h1>Here is the video:</h1>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RY8d6coNqc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar