Strange issue – Tbook 16 Pro

Strange issue – Tbook 16 Pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series Strange issue – Tbook 16 Pro

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jim Trosky
    Participant

So I recently bought a used Tbook 16 Pro (E6C1) and a keyboard dock.  The tablet worked fine with the dock in Windows and Android (including the trackpad).  Long story short, I ended up exchanging the Tbook 16 Pro for another one becuase a) Windows wouldn’t active and b) the screen had a strange color-shift issue as you moved across the screen..

So I get my replacement Tbook 16 Pro (E5C8) and immediately notice that the keyboard dock trackpad doesn’t work in android (same keyboard that worked fine with the the previous E6C1) – trackpad works fine in Windows.  I keep troubleshooting and even tried flashing the E6C1 version of Android – trackpad works fine in Android (but sound doesn’t work).  Flash back to the E5C8 version of Android and the trackpad no longer works again (but everything else works fine).

The keyboard is listed the same under Language and Input regardless of what version of Android I flash (“HID 1018:1006”).

For the life of me, I can’t understand why a Tbook 16 Pro keyboard dock wouldn’t work right with all versions of the Tbook 16 Pro!!

Anyone have ANY ideas?

After further troubleshooting, I found that it’s the kernel.  If I flash the E6C1 kernel onto the E5C8 Android, the trackpad works (but again, sound no longer works).

I don’t want to just buy another keyboard dock because it doens’t seem like a hardware issue…

Please help!!  🙂

Thank you!

Jim Trosky
    Participant

So I decided to buy another Tbook 16 Pro keyboard and guess what?  The trackpad works fine in Android on the same tablet (E5C8)!  While the keyboard looks identical to the original (can’t find ANY differences whatsoever), it’s actually a different keyboard (identifies differently in Android) – and it actually seems a little cheaper (more flex when typing, etc) – but it works…  Strange….

The new keyboard is identified as “EBITS-EB_WIN11_4-US-A1-16-00 USB Keyboard” in Androids “Language and Input” settings (instead of simply “HID 1018:1006” like the other keyboard).

Just an FYI in case anyone else runs into the same thing…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar