Strange screen blotch

Strange screen blotch

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Strange screen blotch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Beaker
    Participant

I love my Hi8 tablet. I’ve only had it about a month, but it’s developed a strange screen blotch/mark/cloud or whatever you want to call it. Anyone seen this before? I take it I’m going to have to return it and get it repaired or replaced unless there is some quick fix?

Note, I have removed the screen protector so it’s not an air bubble below that.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Easy fix, I see this all the time on non-laminated displays. It’s normally caused by transit damage, too much pressure on the screen. See my video below for the fix:

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Beaker
    Participant

That’s great news. Thanks so much. I’ll give that fix a go.

Great site by the way. Love all the info and reviews. Spending time on here gave me the confidence to buy a Chinese tablet and I’ve been really happy with it so far.

Beaker
    Participant

A quick update. Your solution worked perfectly. I didn’t even need a suction cup. A bit of pressure around the outside of the mark and it’s all gone. Absolute gold. Thank you!

Péter Kiss
    Participant

When this occured on my Hi8

I fixed it by apllying pressure/(sort of) pulling on the Windows logo, and the f.f camera.

-----CHUWI HI8-----

Sander
    Participant

I had the same issue..removed the blotch after applying a bit of pressure. Touchscreen stopped working correctly after that. I was busy so i tried again a few hours later and no trouble ever since. Was very happy because i thought the tablet was destroyed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar