Stuck on updating apps

Stuck on updating apps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lunt
    Participant

I recently purchased a new iwork8 air and all was good on the first few boots. Then I got stuck as the tablet went through the “optimizing apps” one time, and got itself stuck on the “starting apps” screen.

I tried resetting it through the recovery boot menu, but to no avail.

I then tried reinstalling the firmware using the instructions at: https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/cube-iwokr8-air-android-os-only-solution/#post-55598

However it fails under the “blank” configuration at fastboot.exe” “-s” “Default0string” “oem” “unlock”` command, and under the “restore” configuration at any adb command as I assume I never got the chance to turn debugging on. “update” just gets me to a stuck logo screen.

So, what are my options now?

OptoMan
    Participant

immediate options are reflash android the proper way .. if you want all space for android, grab an offical Cube flash that is android only.  if you want to uninstall windows and claim the flash space you’re going to have to root to format/mount the new space.

Lunt
    Participant

Thanks for your answer!

Forgive my ignorance, but I don’t see an official iWork8 Air Android-only flash on Cube’s site (http://www.cube-tablet.com/download)… only a link to the dual boot files.

What is the “proper way” of flashing the tablet without using the Intel tool? I’m only used to the standard flashing with a.zip file (which isn’t in the downloaded firmware from Cube).

EDIT: I should also mention that since I tried flashing using the instructions at https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/cube-iwokr8-air-android-os-only-solution/#post-55598, I no longer have the windows boot option when the tablet starts up.

OptoMan
    Participant

been a while, hope you’re okay — I don’t remember exactally what android-only flashes they have but I think only one or two that happen to be for all the devices.  (android and windows get information from bios different or not at all.  as in some of the hardware stuff android detects by itself and windows might take bios’ word for it, or vise versa.  and there’s stuff for each available in bios) — so, if you can’t see one, see what android-only’s there are and consider trying one .. doing half of the dual flash leaves half the storage unused

the proper way is to get the firmware and prepare a usb disk for each OS .. they call them ‘udisks’ .. for android it’s clear and format a thumb drive with gpt partition table, one fat32 filesytem and copy all the files in the firmware directory to it.  then in tablet bios, make sure advanced>system component>system id is ‘android’ and go to last ‘main’ tab (boot) and select to run efi shell from external device, should run by itself.

there are some pretty broken instructions posted on forums

oh and make sure to get any OTA updates .. if you type in your google account and get google services going with a non-updated android you might not see the OTAs .. happened to me.  show’s what problems were going on in the background.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar