Stuck resetting Windows

Stuck resetting Windows

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Stuck resetting Windows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Williams
    Participant

I wanted to reset Windows on the EZBook. So I did that and now it is stuck in a loop. It gets to 65%, reboots, goes back to 64% and starts the process over. Its’ just stuck in a loop…I can’t break it.

Any  tips?

Yap Chong Chieh
    Participant

I got the same problem as you when I did the reset of Windows 10. The reset is essential and inevitable, failing which, the update cannot install properly.

The workaround to this issue is to reinstall Windows 10 using a bootable USB drive. You will need another working PC to create a bootable Windows 10 image using the media creation tool from Microsoft. The image to download is Windows 10 64bit. A 4GB USB drive should be sufficient.

To change boot order of Ezbook, press ESC key during bootup sequence to enter CMOS.

Once Windows is successfully installed, you will also need to download the Ezbook 2 drivers from the Techtablet download section. PM me if you need help with getting the drivers, I understand how difficult it can be as Google drive has some daily download limits.

In order to reinstall the drivers, you have to go into your Device manager and update the drivers manually. Its a tedious process, but does the trick. Do note that you should be updating the chipset drivers first before you update the others (I left graphics and sound as the last to update).

Hope this helps.

Simon
    Participant

I got the same problem as you when I did the reset of Windows 10. The reset is essential and inevitable, failing which, the update cannot install properly. The workaround to this issue is to reinstall Windows 10 using a bootable USB drive. You will need another working PC to create a bootable Windows 10 image using the media creation tool from Microsoft. The image to download is Windows 10 64bit. A 4GB USB drive should be sufficient. To change boot order of Ezbook, press ESC key during bootup sequence to enter CMOS. Once Windows is successfully installed, you will also need to download the Ezbook 2 drivers from the Techtablet download section. PM me if you need help with getting the drivers, I understand how difficult it can be as Google drive has some daily download limits. In order to reinstall the drivers, you have to go into your Device manager and update the drivers manually. Its a tedious process, but does the trick. Do note that you should be updating the chipset drivers first before you update the others (I left graphics and sound as the last to update). Hope this helps.

The notebook is not detecting any of my USB drives, i’ve tried at least 10 of them. Is there anything that I need to do?

Daniel Denk
    Participant

Got the same problem….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password