Sudden loss of keyboard and touchpad

Sudden loss of keyboard and touchpad

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Sudden loss of keyboard and touchpad

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  xiaomei 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Frank Siegert
    Participant

This is actually more an annoyance than an real issue.

From time to time (could be hours/days) the touchpad and keyboard of my F6 Pro suddenly stop working. No message, just not responding – almost as if the F6 enters tablet mode (the hinge is not turned however). I can restore normal operation easily by putting the system into sleep (closing the lid or using the power button) for a moment. Then everything starts working again.

Drivers are up to date (also the from Windows update), incl. current Intel drivers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution?

Madhias
    Participant

I am having the same issue. Since I changed the function of my power button from “Sleep Mode” to “Turn Screen off” in energy options anyways, the power button “On/Off” toggle works within 1 second which is fine for me. Another workaround without having to enter sleep mode would be toggling tablet mode and back be expanding the Laptop above 180° and back.

Frank Siegert
    Participant

Thanks for the tip setting the power button to ‘turn screen off’.

I think it may be due to the sensors, sometimes produce outlier data / noise which is filtered inadequate. The Lenovo Yoga had some versions wth the same issue, which could be resolved by disabling the ymc (Yoga Mode Control) service. I’ll try if disabling the HingeAngleService helps in the case of the F6. I do not use the tablet mode anyway. 😉

sammin
    Participant

Hey, if that were not resolved, I think it is the computer keyboard is broken. Changing the keyboard is the best option. Avoid being a computer program getting worse

Frank Siegert
    Participant

No need to – it is a software issue only for the F6Pro.

Typing this on the F6Pro I use since a year now, this is the only issue I came upon. Otherwise this little machine just works for me. Nice!

Madhias
    Participant

Btw, there are 2 Apps for the Touchpad Controller in the Microsoft store. I think that using the one called “SIPO Keyboard Hotkey 2in1” instead of the old SIPO TP Controller, it resolves the problem completely.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

xiaomei
    Participant

I am looking for a Teclast F6 Pro keyboard for my friends. Everyone has seen a private letter or reply to me. Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password