[Support us !)] About the source code of Android / linux of chuwi products.

[Support us !)] About the source code of Android / linux of chuwi products.

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi General Discussion [Support us !)] About the source code of Android / linux of chuwi products.

• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tikilou
    Participant

Please fight with us : http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1694#lastpost

The source code of Android/Linux Kernel/Drivers is needed for the community, for port customs roms, news versions of Android, and Linux distributions, correct bug, and better security.

This is a screenshot if they delete the topic :

<noscript></noscript>

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks for the posts, lets hope they change their mind about this.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Tikilou
    Participant

Thanks for the posts, lets hope they change their mind about this.

Thanks for support, maybe you can help us and publish a news on TechTablets about that problem with somes chinese tablet under Intel Soc like Chuwi, because they don’t respect the GPL v2 licence…

Does the GPL require that source code of modified versions be posted to the public?

The GPL does not require you to release your modified version. You are free to make modifications and use them privately, without ever releasing them. This applies to organizations (including companies), too; an organization can make a modified version and use it internally without ever releasing it outside the organization.

But if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program’s users, under the GPL.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Link to Facebook thread?

Tschuuuls
    Participant

They told me, they don’t have the sources via E-Mail.

I think I know why:

they bought the dual Boot UEFI Windows10+Android as a complete solution from Insyde. Thats why they don’t share it.
    How do I know that? Well, Chuwi would’t include that fancy intel Animation on boot. Neither would they include Intel factory test .apks. Most cheap phones/tablets used to have the plain “ANDROID” on bootup. It’s also worth mentioning, that they somehow interface with the UEFI for Wifi. Chuwi changed the Wifi chip in the Hi8 recently. And newer models just use a newer BIOS to incorporate the change.

I sent Insyde an E-Mail, if they grant me access to their developer site, even though I don’t want to build and sell my own Tablet.

Let’s see, how they respond.

apblamo
    Participant

Keep us posted on your progress with this, and thanks for making the effort! 🙂

Alex
    Participant

I hope some vendor becomes friendly towards Linux and supports the community.

I visit techtablets frecuently looking for and cheap laptop, tablet, convertible, with 8GB RAM that is compatible with Linux and good battery duration, that will not force me to mess with configurations and patching kernels with every update the distro has.

Jan
    Participant

I strongly believe that it would be in Chuwis best interest to release the source for Android and kernel, if they are not under any DNR contract. We have to remember with these dual-OS unit, this could possible involve both Microsoft, Intel and auxilliary component manufacturers, making the whole deal quite a legal mess. IF Chuwi realeases source and kernel, it opens up a whole world of community coding, optimization – and through that, MASSIVE boost in sales. And, Chuwi would be able to sell models for longer, not updating their lineup every few months. Saving millions on development and manufacturing. It would be a goldmine for Chuwi, really.

Provatta
    Participant

I hope they respect the license!

Queiroz Jones
    Participant

LEO Privacy is an incredible applock, everybody can hide my personal files, like images, videos, music etc., the hide picture and videos function of this app is amazing, and more, I can enjoy its anti-thief and intruder selfie functions

Anonymous
    Inactive

Keep pushing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar