switch OS app LOST!

switch OS app LOST!

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum switch OS app LOST!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mauro 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

HolloH
    Participant

Hi,

by unticking the Switch OS app from the program bar on win 10 like an idiot , i lost it! After searching everywhere on my drive( program files, windows, etc.) i really cant find how to put this thing back where it was… someone can help me maybe?

life's an hologram.

Nihi Lianth
    Participant

The file is located in C:\Windows\system32\SwitchOS(WTA).exe for me

HolloH
    Participant

C:\Windows\system32\SwitchOS(WTA).exe

wow thanks! It’s there! i dont get how i missed it cuz i ran an explorer search under windows…

life's an hologram.

Mauro
    Participant

I did a clean install of win10 home with Microsoft installation media / ISO, so now I dont have such app.

Is there a way I can download and install it?

tks

Kräm
    Participant

Mauro – When you say you did a clean install, do you mean that you wiped the hard drive/eMMC of everything or did you just have Win10 reformat the windows partition previous to installation?  or did you just do a factory reset equivalent?

Mauro
    Participant

deleted all 4 windows 10  partitions and installed on the then created unallocated space, tks

by the way , the windows media creation tool just created 1 single partition , instead of the 4 original ones, win 10 home is running fine anyway, just wonder if the 3 original missing partitions will make any future difference

Mauro
    Participant

nothing realted to this post ,but as I couldn t find a solution anywhere else, maybe someone can help me out here:

I m trying to change password,  after I insert once the old  and twice the new one  I get redirected to a new page asking to signin again , but when I use the yet unchanged password I get a MSG saying it s invalid , the same with the supposed new password , so I dont go anywhere, can t use neither the old , nor the new password.

Am I missing something??

tks Mauro

Kräm
    Participant

Mauro –

Do you see this still see this screen (Pic 1) when you boot?

I am also curios which Four (4) partition you deleted?, check Pic 2,  other then the SD card I have, which partitions did you delete other then the last 2?

IF you are looking for the changer program, here it is….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mauro
    Participant

first boot screen – pic 1 – loads / responds ok

on your Disk 0 map , I deleted the main win10  partition , the last 500mb recovery partion, and the 2 partitions to the left of the main win10  partition

cann t see the link :

IF you are looking for the changer program, here it is….

tks , mauro

Kräm
    Participant

Here it is again….. enjoy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mauro
    Participant

tks, did you ever managed to change passwords ok?

Mauro
    Participant

Kräm
    Participant

No idea, I cant seem to download it.  Then again I can’t read chineese to know what I am doing on those pages…..

Mauro
    Participant

chrome with the translate configuration takes care of it ,not only for this simple case…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password