Tablet for video editing

Tablet for video editing

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Tablet for video editing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I want to use a tablet for quick video editing (using premiere or other software). Do you have a recommendation for a tablet, or could you possible test this and make a video of it. Would this be doable on a bay trail (Z3736) tablet?

Thanks!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, I wouldn’t do any serious video editing on an Atom. I would at least want a Core M tablet and a SSD.

I’m not up for testing that on an Atom as I know it will be painfully slow. Possible maybe if a short 1080p clip, but again super slow.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Laco Dekany
    Participant

Hi, Joeri

I was looking after tablet with Windows for quick – on site photo editing. I bought Teclast x98 air 3G 64GB.
    Under WIN 8.1 Im editing picture. Without problem. With my favorite photo editor, and with Photoshop 6 too. Not a smallest problem. Yes, its a little bit slower, compared with my desktop PC, but not visibly smaller than a medium – low class notebook. And this tablet its lighter, smaller, cheaper. For navigation and work with pictures Im using “active stylus” which enable me to be more precise . (Point of the pen is 1,9 mm, so better than my finger, and you see the point of placement of the stylus)

So what Im thikning about video editing? In lighter program, its possibel.

Evan
    Participant

I suspect the problem for video editing will be the eMMC speed. The Atom might keep up reasonably well (it is a quad-core, after all, and video editing makes good use of lots of cores) but it’ll be continually reading and writing from the eMMC (especially with only 2GB of RAM). Even the fastest eMMCs are not exactly quick, even by mechanical HDD standards.

Perhaps it’d be worth looking at something like a second-hand Dell Venue 11 Pro, with a Core i5 and a proper (fast) SSD? They can use a proper stylus too.

Bill Hedworth
    Participant

Yeah 2gb of ram is the real bottle neck here, baytrail isn’t that terrible if you use software that supports Quick Sync hardware encoding on the cpu/gpu.

Interesting vid from chippy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIrnnGfRXv8

But yeah 4gb minium I reckon, core-m recommended.

Rex Rodriquez
    Participant

I am using samsung tablet and I recently installed inshot pro mod apk app at techbigs for free video editing on my device!

Lawrence Burton
    Participant

The topic you mentioned is very good, this is a topic that I am very passionate about, now in my life and work I find it very necessary to use photo and video editing applications, it helps us. so many.

Flora
    Participant

And for video editing, you can use the KineMaster app now…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar