Onda v891w CH

Onda v891w CH

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pete Scoffield
    Participant

Hello guys, how do you feel about the v891W CH? I just saw it on presale at geekbuying, I don’t know what CH stands for and what is it better.
    Full specs:

• Windows 10 + Android 5.1 Dual Boot
    • Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 64bit Quad Core 1.44GHz, Up to 1.84GHz
    • Intel HD Graphic Gen8 GPU
    • 8.9 inch IPS Touch Screen with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
    • 2GB RAM for Advanced Multitasking
    • 32GB ROM Storage Capacity
    • TF Card Expansion
    • HDMI Output Expands Your Viewing Options
    • Dual Cameras for Photos and Face-to-face Chat
    • Bluetooth 4.0 Interface Syncs with Compatible Devices

Your thoughts?

Ricardo
    Participant

CH stands for its processor, the Intel Cherry Trail Z8300.

My Onda V891w CH arrived this week and here are my view on it:

Build quality: Average at best. Tablet feels cheap and very plasticky. The bezels can be classified as ‘average’.

Screen: Pretty good color reproduction and viewing angles. Brightness is just fine too. Supports up to 10 touchpoints, which is above average. The 8.9″ display in general looks great. Also, it should be worth noting that, with my hands, I can hold the tablet with one hand without problems, meaning that this is basically the ‘perfect’ one handed size for a tablet. I can’t hold a 10″ tablet with one hand.

CPU and GPU: The Z8300 is a fine processor for everyday tasks, very snappy if not in intensive use such as high-demanding games. I think it is an OK processor for the price. It will run modern games with a low frame rate, albeit playable. Counter-Strike GO works at around 20 FPS.

Sound: Horrid. The speakers are just crap. I use headphones whenever using my device because the speakers are there basically only for the sake of having one. Absolutely low quality speaker and low volume.

Battery life: Is also average at best. It should be worth noting that my unit did not come with a charger. Expect 3-4 hours of SoT at the very best.

Connectivity: The available ports are fine and I did not have any problems while using them. The microSD slot case is a little bit finicky but, it works. Reads my 64gb MicroSD just fine. This tablet, however, does not have a HDMI port.

Windows 10: Very snappy, genuine Windows 10 edition. Works fine for the most part. For whatever reason, I only have 2.5GB free of the 16.9GB even though I have not installed one single in on Windows yet. Crazy.

Android: 5.1 Lollipop. Very snappy. Comes with Play Store and around 9GB free for use. 99% chance points that it will never get Marshmallow or Nougat but in general, the Android side works just fine.

Final verdict: If I were to give it a grade, it would probably 6 or 7. I don’t know why in God’s name there is not a 64gb edition available. I paid 112 USD on GearBest, I probably could have gotten something similar for cheaper but, all of them are 8″ and not 8.9″ display. I usually see Chuwi Hi8 Pro, Teclast X80 Pro and Cube iWork 8 Air going for 79 USD on GearBest and that is probably a better offer for the money but the 8.9″display is one of a kind. If it had 64gb it would have been like 4 times better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar