Tbook 10 – Android suddenly restarting

Tbook 10 – Android suddenly restarting

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series Tbook 10 – Android suddenly restarting

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Christian Stocker 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Christian Stocker
    Participant

I was just wondering if you experience the same problems, or if this is rather related to my device or the apps I’m using:

• Android reboots suddenly when I use the device.
    • For ex. I watch youtube using the google-yt-app, an skype-chat message comes in, the screen freezes and after a while the devices reboots. – Sometimes this happens as a new gmail-mail comes in, whatever app I use. – Maybe this is related to the system-power-saving-settings I use, which are reducing background data. This might interfere to the background data rules.
    • I had 2 times the issue, when I wanted to check the remaining storage in the android-system settings, that I hear a loud “knock” on the speaker and the system immediately reboots.

Well not so big of an issue and I learn to live with it. Rebooting is quick and I encountered no data loss so far.

Bryan
    Participant

Try resetting the android rom back to factory, it’s hidden in the settings somewhere. Backup your stuff using ADB or google’s own built in backup (works quite well so far) and then reset and sync back up.. If not, reinstall lol!

Kin Fai Kwok
    Participant

I had the same problem too, and can’t even resinstall the rom using official instructions… there is something wrong with the tbook 10 build…

Christian Stocker
    Participant

Good to know, that I’m not the only one. Well thank you, I will go for the factory reset first. Don’t want to risk to brick my device while reeinstalling ROM. But maybe, when the problem gets to bad I will have to do.

Christian Stocker
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know, that I did Factory-Reset Android using the settings. After that I found some apps, which were not installed before (maybe deleted in pre-shipment-testing). It took me a lot of time to configure my 90 apps again.

Now the problem is not solved it happens for ex. while retrieving Gmail. The app get’s stuck, the “knock” is heareable over the speakers and the device reboots. Then the new Emails show up. – Will try now your suggested 20 MHz Router Setting from this Thread: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/tbook-10-cant-connect-to-network/#post-39895

Christian Stocker
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know, that I did Factory-Reset Android using the settings. After that I found some apps, which were not installed before (maybe deleted in pre-shipment-testing). It took me a lot of time to configure my 90 apps again. Now the problem is not solved it happens for ex. while retrieving Gmail. The app get’s stuck, the “knock” is heareable over the speakers and the device reboots. Then the new Emails show up. – Will try now your suggested 20 MHz Router Setting from this Thread: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/tbook-10-cant-connect-to-network/#post-39895

After 2 further days of testing I came to the following results:

• Network connection stable now, no connection losses after changing the 20 MHz Router Settings (this is a good workaround at home, but you will not get the IT-Support of hotels, or companies to do that for you).
    • Rebooting not solved at all. There has been a full day without it. But then yesterday 3 reboots, partly leaving apps destroyed (had to reinstall chrome-browser). Also sometimes the device screen just gets dark and then the device is off and needs manual reboot.
    • I found, that system event log ist only availabe with root. Rooting will void your warranty. So there is no way to find out if this is a hardware or driver issue (anyway you can’t install additional drivers without rooting in android, as much as I know).

So I’m now diskussing with geekbuying.com about getting refund for the device. Overall after 3 weeks of testing and installation, a rather frustrating experience. The windows part seems to be more stable, alas I did less testing there. But in the end I’ve chosen the tbook 10 for his dual boot capabilities.

Bryan
    Participant

I tried for a couple days in different methods to root the tbook 10, all to no avail. I’m not too sure why either. I never had any issues whatsoever on my tablet in Android though.. I hope my replacement is just as good as my old one was.

Christian Stocker
    Participant

I tried for a couple days in different methods to root the tbook 10, all to no avail. I’m not too sure why either. I never had any issues whatsoever on my tablet in Android though.. I hope my replacement is just as good as my old one was.

Your last sentence adresses a concern, which I also have. Geekbuying offered me a refund.

But in the last 3 days I only had one single android reboot (device was just turned on and booting, while I tried to mute sound for not waking up my family). The device seems to be much more stable after I uninstalled all chinese apps which came preinstalled and also the teclast boot-manager. As much as I know android does not need a thirdparty bootmanager. Also there was “mobile data” turned on in the boot manager. But the device has  no mobile data.

Now I’m considering to keep the device as it is.

PS: Did you ever connect headphones? The sound seems to be pretty good. But I found, when the headphones are connected using cable every touch on the screen gives a ugly knock in the headphones (tested with spotify). So when you listen to music and want to read someting or use anykind of app, you get this disturbance. I did not have this problem when listening via bluetoot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password