Tbook 16 Power – No OS Selection Screen on boot

Tbook 16 Power – No OS Selection Screen on boot

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series Tbook 16 Power – No OS Selection Screen on boot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Have been using my Tbook 16 Power (M5F8) about a month or so, mostly in Android.  Stayed in Android for about 3 weeks.

Then yesterday, I used the Teclast “Boot to Windows” app which did indeed boot to Windows.  While there, Windows complained I needed to update “OneDrive” so I did.  That’s all I did.  Then shut her down, ready to switch back to Android.

On reboot, it never opened the white “Select Android or Windows” screen – it just booted right to Windows.  That’s all it does.  I CAN’T GET BACK INTO ANDROID!

Have changed a few UEFI settings (OS IMAGE ID, was “Windows 8.1”, changed to “Android” but keeps reverting back to Window after booting into Windows – clicked the Android Boot Override, still restarted in Windows.)

How do I get dual booting back?

raguilera43
    Participant

Have you solved it?

I have the same problem…

Mike
    Participant

No, but found a (somewhat inconvenient) workaround.  In Windows 10, I downloaded, unzipped and installed the most recent “Boot to Android” .exe from here:

https://mega.nz/#F!2pgETZxY!Yp9JXwQuVQ0xBsxO2rD6qA

It worked.  (That should be in the released Windows 10.  It was on my X98 Pro.  Grrrr.)

So if in Windows, I can run that .exe to get back to Android.

If in Android, I use the “Boot to Windows” selection on the Power screen to get back to Windows.  (I don’t use the Android “Boot to Windows” app – pretty sure that’s what caused my OS Selection screen to disappear in the first place.)

The inconvenient part: If booting from Power-On, you might boot into the OS you don’t want.  So then you have to use the “Boot to [the other one]” option to get there.

BUT I SURE WOULD  LIKE TO GET MY OS SELECTION SCREEN TO APPEAR AGAIN!  I know it’s in there, but what magic will make it show itself again?

Radovan1492
    Participant

I am interested in this topic so much .. fighting with it few weeks now. At certain point I have already gave up ..

Goran Sevo
    Participant

This little thingy did a trick for me! Just check enable when the program starts.

Please use it at your own risk as I obtained it from another forum (X16), and I don’t know does it interfere with previous BIOS tweaking on Tbook 16 Power (mine is M5F8).

Cheers, Goran

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mike
    Participant

Many thanks, Goran.  That worked on my M5F8, too!  I’ve got my OS Selection screen back!

raguilera43
    Participant

This little thingy did a trick for me! Just check enable when the program starts. Please use it at your own risk as I obtained it from another forum (X16), and I don’t know does it interfere with previous BIOS tweaking on Tbook 16 Power (mine is M5F8). Cheers, Goran

Thank you so much Goran!!!!!! Finally I have the screen selection again!!

Jason
    Participant

Goran you are a hero sir! Been looking for this for weeks now, I gave it up, then I revisit this forum and it works!!! thank you so much 🙂

Borislav Arnaudov
    Participant

Works like a charm. Thanks!

mimmo maiorino
    Participant

could it be good also for tbook11? thanks

Zion
    Participant

Thanks Gohan, worked here, and you can use this .exe as a button to reboot to Android

gremki
    Participant

Hi all,

Just wanted to confirm that Goran’s solution works on TBook 11 also.

Thanks a lot!

windroidomega
    Participant

Thanks Goran, hopefully that’ll work without issues.  It’ll make a simple job of many mixed messages and part solutions out there 🙂

Quick Update: Yes, this does work…no problems evident.  Thanks again!

Andrea
    Participant

My tablet is shipped and should arrive soon, I’m saving all the useful information and programs, and script that seems helpful for lately, to me.
    Thanks a lot Goran for the little program 🙂

Jusst
    Participant

I hav a problem booting to android, i hav a TBOOK 16 Power, displays the boot menu but wen i choose the Android side i gt this ” GetVmmInfo fails because SEC not Ready” i used Goran’s method by thing din’t seem to workout wat shud i do to get to my android side

• Thnx
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar