Teclast f5 Battery expanding

Teclast f5 Battery expanding

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast f5 Battery expanding

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tristan
    Participant

Hi guys,

I bought an Teclast f5 almost 2 years ago and had very few issues with it since but lately, I have noticed that the battery is expanding dangerously (+1.2cm). The touchpad and the space bar are being lifted by the deformation and I fear that the battery will leak if it continues.

I have sent multiples messages to teclast to know if I can remove the battery safely and continue to use it without a battery (I don’t move the laptop) or buying another battery. Did any of you have a similar experience and what have you done?

Thank you for reading me,

Bye

Nikram
    Participant

Hi,

You`re not alone 🙂

I have same problem. Battery expanded pushing keyboard up so laptop can`t be closed.

I removed battery and it`s working on power adapter just fine. One problem with that solution – without weight in bottom half it tilts and swings without hands on the keyboard.

I suspect battery puffed cause mine (like yours) is constantly connected to the power adapter.

There are plenty batteries on ali (ca.50$ with shippping), but also there are batteries that are supposedly 4500mAh (oryg.3500mAh).

This larger batteries dont have mounts to screw it inside. I didnt find any opinions about them (are they really working longer?).

I guess I`ll try it anyway.

You should definitely remove your battery (if you didn`t do this already). Puffed batteries can be unpredictable.

Cheers

moe
    Participant

Hello,

i have the same problem , i only used it 9 months , battery swollen ,touchpad and keyboard lifted . Could you tell me how to open the back cover , i try but it s not opening , are there any hidden screws or a trick . I don´t want to force it ,it could break. Thank you .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nikram
    Participant

Hello, i have the same problem , i only used it 9 months , battery swollen ,touchpad and keyboard lifted . Could you tell me how to open the back cover , i try but it s not opening , are there any hidden screws or a trick . I don´t want to force it ,it could break. Thank you .

There is no special trick. Remove all screws (including ssd cover), remember to remove sd card!

All the screws are same, except two near hinges (they are little longer, don`t mix them).

when you remove all screws use something flat to pry open back cover(I used old credit card) – start from the side of power/volume buttons.

It should open, especially with swollen battery helping from inside 🙂

Mine is already working with new battery. Use exactly same looking battery, those bigger (I mentioned them earlier) don`t fit.

Good Luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password