Teclast f5 Battery expanding

Teclast f5 Battery expanding

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast f5 Battery expanding

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tristan
    Participant

Hi guys,

I bought an Teclast f5 almost 2 years ago and had very few issues with it since but lately, I have noticed that the battery is expanding dangerously (+1.2cm). The touchpad and the space bar are being lifted by the deformation and I fear that the battery will leak if it continues.

I have sent multiples messages to teclast to know if I can remove the battery safely and continue to use it without a battery (I don’t move the laptop) or buying another battery. Did any of you have a similar experience and what have you done?

Thank you for reading me,

Bye

Nikram
    Participant

Hi,

You`re not alone 🙂

I have same problem. Battery expanded pushing keyboard up so laptop can`t be closed.

I removed battery and it`s working on power adapter just fine. One problem with that solution – without weight in bottom half it tilts and swings without hands on the keyboard.

I suspect battery puffed cause mine (like yours) is constantly connected to the power adapter.

There are plenty batteries on ali (ca.50$ with shippping), but also there are batteries that are supposedly 4500mAh (oryg.3500mAh).

This larger batteries dont have mounts to screw it inside. I didnt find any opinions about them (are they really working longer?).

I guess I`ll try it anyway.

You should definitely remove your battery (if you didn`t do this already). Puffed batteries can be unpredictable.

Cheers

moe
    Participant

Hello,

i have the same problem , i only used it 9 months , battery swollen ,touchpad and keyboard lifted . Could you tell me how to open the back cover , i try but it s not opening , are there any hidden screws or a trick . I don´t want to force it ,it could break. Thank you .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nikram
    Participant

Hello, i have the same problem , i only used it 9 months , battery swollen ,touchpad and keyboard lifted . Could you tell me how to open the back cover , i try but it s not opening , are there any hidden screws or a trick . I don´t want to force it ,it could break. Thank you .

There is no special trick. Remove all screws (including ssd cover), remember to remove sd card!

All the screws are same, except two near hinges (they are little longer, don`t mix them).

when you remove all screws use something flat to pry open back cover(I used old credit card) – start from the side of power/volume buttons.

It should open, especially with swollen battery helping from inside 🙂

Mine is already working with new battery. Use exactly same looking battery, those bigger (I mentioned them earlier) don`t fit.

Good Luck

Tasio
    Participant

Does anyone else have a Teclast F5 for a year or so and didn’t suffer from the swelling issue? I like this laptop but the build quality is low and I’m afraid I could expend some money replacing the battery and run into the same or a different hardware issue soon so I’m not sure what to do.

Chris
    Participant

Does anyone else have a Teclast F5 for a year or so and didn’t suffer from the swelling issue? I like this laptop but the build quality is low and I’m afraid I could expend some money replacing the battery and run into the same or a different hardware issue soon so I’m not sure what to do.

Just got mine. I have to disagree, build quality is awesome. I find people are just to heavy handed these days. All batteries of these type expand, due to heat, over charging, etc etc.

My two year old Ezpad 6s Pro, did exactly the same thing. It was pushing my screen out from front. Being an engineer, I expelled gases.  I DON’T RECOMMEND ANYONE DOING THIS, UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING. AS IT CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS!!!!

Think main issue, the EZpad 6s PRO battery, is hard to find. Plus the ones I did find. Im sorry are way to expensive. I use my Ezpad for work as my main work station. So its always plugged in (unless Im, viewing a schematic on it). With my F5, I unplug it once charged and then run it down to around 20% before charging again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar