teclast f5 bios

teclast f5 bios

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops teclast f5 bios

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tico 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JJC
    Participant

I recently bought a telcast f5.  As  was fiddling with the BIOS setting, i suppose i changed something that I shouldn’t have and now the F5 won’t enter windows.

It stops at the Teclast splash screen.  I can’t enter the BIOS setting anymore.

Anyone with a similar problem able to overcome this issue? Is there a specific key sequence for a CMOS reset, or I need to open the back lid and then short some wires?

One more thing, before above mentioned stall, I tested the stylus and it’s somewhat unstable, as in it won’t register the touches continuously.  If I slide the pen over the screen, it seems to stop registering, therefor pen strokes are broken and not smooth.

JJC
    Participant

update.  after completely draining the battery, the cmos seems to be cleared and i could enter the bios, and also boot up windows properly.

not sure that the cuplrit was though.

many thanks to the F7 owners on this forum who tipped about the battery drain.  since F5 seems to automatically power down when the battery is low. ( the typical battery icon with low level in red appears) i had to plug the charger in for a brief moment and then unplug it.  repeated this several times.

Tico
    Participant

For those with the Teclast F5 who don’t get any screen output anymore becasue they changed video memory settings in the bios this is the way to CLEAR CMOS. It’s by blindly resetting the BIOS to default.

1. Switch laptop off
    2. Switch laptop on, and immediately keep hitting the DEL key for 5 seconds
    3. Press F3 (this means: Load optimized defaults)
    4. Press ENTER (Confirm)
    5. Press F4 (this means: Save and Exit)
    6. Press ENTER (Confirm)

The laptop will reboot and you can enter the BIOS again to set boot priority and stuff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password