December 6, 2018 at 5:24 pm #148852
- Posts: 2
I got the Teclast F5 computer a week ago and everything was great until Windows software update,
Since then sometimes the touch panel and keyboard do not respond.
(The keyboard always responds in the BIOS.)
If I reboot by pressing and holding the power button (I will call it strong reset) the keyboard and the touchpad will work, but if I turn on the computer from sleep mode (by pressing the keyboard or the power button) and even if you turn on the computer without strong reset the keyboard and touch panel wont work (If I press NUM LOCK and CAPS LOCK buttons The keyboard’s lighting also does not respond and will stay on the last position that was last time it worked)
The touch screen always works.
The things that I have tried are:
- reinstall the operating system (windows 10 64 bit) (I tried several different versions)
- delete and update drivers of both keyboard and the touchpad in the Device Manger (also to install driver from the internet)
- change settings in REGEDIT
- I reset the BIOS and even disconnected the battery,
- I turned off the option of WINDOWS to turn off components
- with linux I had the same problem
external keyboard and the mouse working fine always
I am a student and need a computer urgently
*I am not a native English speaker so Sorry for the spelling errorsDecember 14, 2018 at 1:10 pm #149139
I don’t use Windows so can’t help you there.
with linux I had the same problem
What version of Linux?
If you didn’t already, try first Ubuntu 18.04 and if that does not work then try v18.10.
Another thing you could try is install Manjaro Linux to a USB drive and boot from that, then if it still does not work see this page…
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics#TroubleshootingDecember 14, 2018 at 1:44 pm #149140
Something to try in Windows. Turn off “hybrid sleep” if it’s turned on. Or, if it’s not turned on, try turning it on…
1. Go into “Control Panel” and click the “Power Options”.
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click “Change Plan Settings”.
3. Now click “Change Advanced Power Settings”.
4. Open the “Sleep Setting” and find “Hybrid Sleep”
5. Change/set it on or off.
6. Now click “Apply” and then click “OK”.
7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.December 14, 2018 at 2:02 pm #149142February 25, 2019 at 10:23 pm #150616
- Posts: 2
hi elinor, i have exact the same problem….I think its a bios setting or something like that. Have you already found a solution?February 26, 2019 at 4:18 pm #150631
- Posts: 2
Gearbest sent me the factory file for the F5 in reinstall everything and solve my problem
Good luck 👍March 2, 2019 at 10:14 am #150673
- Posts: 2
Hey, thanks for your quick and helpful answer. How do you reinstall it with these files?March 6, 2019 at 12:18 pm #150710
- Posts: 3
extract everything to a clean usb stick formatted in fat32 and run it from boot. Think you don’t need to anything else besides waiting 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.