Teclast f7 keyboard fix – spilled liquid

Teclast f7 keyboard fix – spilled liquid

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast f7 keyboard fix – spilled liquid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mario
    Participant

Hi folks,

I have spilled a little amount of soup on the left side of the keyboard, the laptop works fine but keyboard doesn’t work in most places, some keys work some not. Ive disassembled the bottom cover and battery, unfortunately the keyboard is permanently fixed with plastic pins. I used hand dryer to heat it up so water would evaporate, but it didn’t help.

What’s your thoughts about the problem, should I try to order new keyboard, damage the plastic pins and place new keyboard with glue (tape?)

Funny thing is that some of the keys on the other side which were not covered with liquid doesn’t work, but some of those covered with liquid works fine. Maybe short circuit or something similar?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

boutique hotel villa kadashi[/url]

sportnok
    Participant

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32959501312.html

Either use a normal or bluetooth keyboard, or give it a go, are you sure you can’t push the top of the keyboard down towards the touchpad and then lift it out, maybe there are some small tabs to release?

Mario
    Participant

Thanks for the link.

I will probably use a Bluetooth keyboard, because there are small connectors made from super fragile plastic, I’ve tried to disconnec the battery from main board and it almost broke into pieces.

It looks like it’s made none repairable for a purpose.

What pisses me off is a fact that liquid touched only 4-5 keys, but now most of them 80% does not work.

xiangqin
    Participant

Thank you for your link, I am also looking for this keyboard. It’s exactly the same as my old keyboard. And it is original.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar