Teclast F7 – screen disassembly – any instructions/experiences?

Teclast F7 – screen disassembly – any instructions/experiences?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast F7 – screen disassembly – any instructions/experiences?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  arso 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kelebek
    Participant

I bought a Teclast F7 and is has a defective screen (screen is mostly pink if notebook is powered on). WIth an external Display connected to the miniHDMI I figured out, that the Teclast itsself works fine – besides of the defective screen.

I tried to figure out, if there is a way how to disasseble the screen, to see which one it is (part number, manufacturer) and if I can get a replaemnet screen.

Couldn’t figure that out! I did find two Youtube-tutorials for disassembling the sceen of a Ezbook. But there the screen bezel is of plastic and not of metal, as we have it with the Teclast F7. I could not reproduce the steps of these tutorials with the metal bezel of the Teclast F7.

Did anyone successfully manage to disassemble the screen of an Teclast F7 (or any equaliy built Ezbook – meaning with a metal bezel on the screen)?

[none]

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have you checked the cables are all pushed in on the inside? Make sure the power is off when doing it. As far as I know, changing the IPS screen isn’t easy I pulled back the F7 bezel and it bends. No way to put it back as it was. You need to rip it off to gain access to the screen, so you would then need a new stick on metal bezel around it. No idea where to get one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Chuwi Hi9 Plus + Keyboard, Mi Mix 3

kelebek
    Participant

[ …] As far as I know, changing the IPS screen isn’t easy I pulled back the F7 bezel and it bends. No way to put it back as it was. You need to rip it off to gain access to the screen, so you would then need a new stick on metal bezel around it. No idea where to get one.

Well, thx Chris G. I guess replacing that screen with another one then is well above my capacities.

(It seems, that  you can be pretty cruel to this technology stuff, if there is no other way to get to know, what you want to know?!)

[none]

arso
    Participant

Hello !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRqUyOxz6MA discord adobe-reader/ itunesthis is a very useful vidéo, i followed all the steps and instructions and there were no problem when a replaced the screen

Best regards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password