Teclast TBook 10 – Boot failure

Teclast TBook 10 – Boot failure

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series Teclast TBook 10 – Boot failure

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tyloman
    Participant

Hi,

I have bought a TBook 10 around a month ago. Around 3 days ago I was in the Android os and suddenly the tablet turned off. It was happening couple of times but this time it didn’t boot to Android or Windows anymore. It just booted to the EFI Shell and it stays there.

I have tried to install the “TbooK 10 (E6N5) Android” from below thread but it is not successful.

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/tbook-10-e6n5-drivers/

It goes until below stage:

Starting command: ‘flash gpt gpt.nin’

Flashing gpt …

partitions are bigger than the disk, partitions 22894 Mib disk 7391 Mib

I appreciate any help.

tyloman
    Participant

There are two possibilities:

1- Hardware failure: Memory unit in broken / Disk Controller or main board is broken.

2- Counterfeit parts: It means in company’s production lines “some people” used fake memory unit in order to just have cheap sale. Or you tell me other reasons.

Ironically I have googled the message then I realised that the exact message appeared to other people too. It is really impossible to have two same disk size issue for hardware failure rather than Counterfeit parts. So I leave the judgment to people.

Javier Sanchez
    Participant

I have exactly the same error.

I was in the Android os and suddenly the tablet turned off. It was happening couple of times but this time it didn’t boot to Android or Windows anymore. It just booted to the EFI Shell and it stays there.

I am in conversation with Gearbest support. I will post the resolution. Thank you all of you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    tyloman
    Participant

My issue is with Gearbest too. It increases my suspicion of fake hardware. I raised it with support team and they asked me to return the product. I had to send it back to China and pay $55 for the postage (from Australia). Such a pity. Sometimes we have to pay the price of buying dodgy products from dodgy shops 🙂

Javier Sanchez
    Participant

Hi, tyloman,

Yes, sometimes  it’s the price we have to pay for buying in this kind of shops….

Anyway, does Gearbest replace the tablet sent? or is it repaired?

So, do you recomend me to send Teclast back to China, don’t you?

Thank you!

tyloman
    Participant

I have asked them to refund the money and then I have returned the item. Yes I recommend to send it back although make sure Gearbest is happy to accept it too.

Paul Robertson
    Participant

my teclast tbook 10 is failing in the same way. Will now boot to windows but not android. Grrr.

May send mine back. Did you order something to replace it ?

alrahimkhan
    Participant
    Mo Cremer
    Participant

Hey, I have the same eMMC error, only 7,3GB available.

Did somebody manage to repair it?

Warranty is gone…

Aurélien
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Got the same issue but not sure that’s a hardware problem.

I may have found something. Please have a look through : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-IRh6m8X9E

Methodology is more or less there. I’m currently trying this method; will keep you infomed.

Cheers

Lova Raju
    Participant

Hi Aurelien

Have you tried the method provided in you tube?does it work?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar