Teclast Tbook 10 not reliable

Teclast Tbook 10 not reliable

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series Teclast Tbook 10 not reliable

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PA Robertson
    Participant

I purchased a Teclast Tbook 10 a few months back through Gearbest.

I was initially happy with it. However, after a while it wouldn’t boot into Android, and after a while, into Windows.

I had a go at updating the installation of Windows but never managed to get it to boot from a memory stick or microsd card, so reluctantly sent it back to Gearbest. This cost about NZD60.

They sent me back another tablet. I could tell it wasn’t the one I sent to them, but that’s not my concern.

What is my concern is that the same problem is happening, i.e. now it won’t boot into Windows, and I fear that Android is next.

For Windows, I suspect that a recent update by Microsoft is the problem. That is because I have loaded very little software of my own.

For Android, I suspect that the tablet is just unreliable. For instance, the other day it refused to boot into Android for a while, and when it came up it was in a recovery mode and I had to reinstall my apps.

So:

1. I have had two tablets ‘fail’ from normal usage. This suggests that this model is flaky (or I have been very unlucky)
    2. Gearbest will not swap it out. They offer to attempt a second repair (huh) if I spend another $60 to send it back to China, or a USD30 refund.

Overall, very disappointed. I did my homework and I have ended up with a flaky tablet.

Is my experience uncommon? Are there reliable tablets out there?

Any way I can pressure Gearbest to do the right thing.? I note that following my complaint to them they have locked me out of giving any more reviews of their products!

PA Robertson
    Participant

PS I am also hugely pissed off that Teclast didn’t release the matching keyboard.

Jean
    Participant

They did release the keyboard, i have it

PA Robertson
    Participant

Tried to buy keyboard but couldn’t.  I was told that there were battery problems. How is your tablet working ?

Frédéric Gub
    Participant

Hey Robertson, your issue is 100% firmware. All you have to do is create a usb drive with rufus, you download the iso of wibdows 10 x64 with the microsoft tool, then on rufus you select the iso, choose GPT for UEFI then create the drive, then plug it it on the tab, press esc on boot, boot devices and USB. It should be detected (i did it on my tbook 10 as well).

For the rest well, this tablet is crap. The aluminium battery keyboard never came, some people have one but it is more or less defective they actually sold the defective ones, then they released standard leather keyboard as a replacement.

Other than that, you can’t charge the tablet troough dc while using OTG function, complmtetely absurd. The WiFi signal is ver very poor due to the all metal case, and the speakers are just lame.

I got a cube i10 for 120$ keyboard and tablet on gearbest, it has DC charging, full size USB, micro USB, kack, Mini HDMI and everything. And sincerelly, it runs way smoother than the tbook 10, thanks to the 1366×768 resolution, wich is more than enough on windows for 10.6 inch. The 2gb of ram runs at 1333mhz, and the emmc drive is actually not bad. Far better than the tbook 10

PA Robertson
    Participant

All agreed re: complaints. I tried installing a clean install of window but couldn’t get the tablet to boot from the USB drive. Will have another go.

zirali1981
    Participant

Hey Frederic hope you’re well.

I followed your steps a few times and I couldn’t get it to work I tried various ways in the settings different USB flash sticks it just isn’t working. Is there anything I’m missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m getting frustrated with this tablet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password