Teclast x1 Pro?

Teclast x1 Pro?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rahul
    Participant

HI, I ordered an X1 yesterday, should have it delivered by Tuesday. I believe it’s a great device and a good price. The only thing concerning me is the 4gb ram. I haven’t used a laptop with less than 16gb of ram since my HP DV3 in high school running the first 64bit AMD Athlon. Has anyone opened up their X1, i m planning to add a 500gb ssd and the Intel AC 7260 adapter but wanted to know if anyone tried adding ram. From the pictures they release those two can be changed but I can’t get any information on if there is a ram slot or if the Ram is on board. Please let me know if its possible. And if anyone wondering why wouldn’t i just buy a surface pro 3 well primarily because everyone would have one and second even with the upgraded the teclast is cheaper. I paid $600USD with original keyboard and cover http://merimobiles.com/teclast-x1-pro.htm

The link given by you is for the NON-4G version. That is the reason why it is cheaper compared to the 4G model.

It think it uses a m.2 2242 mSATA SSD. I doubt anyone sells a 2242 SSD above 256GB. Even if they do.. it will be too costly.. guessing somewhere around 200$+ or higher.

Antonio
    Participant

Hi friends, I’m thinking of buying a teclast x1 or x2. I’ve already seen the Chris X2 review and started to buy one but some shops in aliexpress told that they have the 128 gb (it’s what I want) but they put a lot of excuse for buy the 64 gb version (they only has in chinese, they can’t acitvated the 128 gb version…). As I have to wait to buy it I’m thinking of buying the X1, but I have some doubts. The Usb port are really 3.0 or works like 2.0? There isn’t a review and no support.

I wish to know if the X2 have 4g only opening it and put a 4g sim card or I must do more.

Someone has bought in merimobiles? I’ve seen they have good prices for the x2

Thanks and sorry for my poor english

Martin Christensen
    Participant

Now been using my X1 pro for almost a month and its my daily friend. I love the screen size and several times a day i use it both with the magnetic keyboard and as regular Tablet when chilling. The speed with the new m2 msata i manged to have a start up time around 3-4 sec…..

4 Gb Ram is more than enough for windows 10. Remember that memory handling in Win 10 is much better than win 8.1.
    The build in 4G is a must in a tablet today, who buys a tablet and adds an 4G dongle afterwords and haves that thingy take up 1 usb port. If the LTE band is supported in your country this is a freaking nice piece of kitt. Forget the X2, thats only half of a tablet just because of the missing 4G.

Only time it was stressed was when doing some grafik editting on some CR2 pics around 23-25 mb each and 5 pics open in photoshop at the same time, but hey its still not a Desktop pc…

Martin Christensen
    Participant

If any one knows how tomopen the X1 pro I would love to try and add a 500Gb M2 msata. Today its possible to buy both 256 and 500gb M2 msata to a nice price. The 256Gb version costs 97,-$ at Aliexpress.

Antonio
    Participant

Now been using my X1 pro for almost a month and its my daily friend. I love the screen size and several times a day i use it both with the magnetic keyboard and as regular Tablet when chilling. The speed with the new m2 msata i manged to have a start up time around 3-4 sec…..

4 Gb Ram is more than enough for windows 10. Remember that memory handling in Win 10 is much better than win 8.1.
    The build in 4G is a must in a tablet today, who buys a tablet and adds an 4G dongle afterwords and haves that thingy take up 1 usb port. If the LTE band is supported in your country this is a freaking nice piece of kitt. Forget the X2, thats only half of a tablet just because of the missing 4G.

Only time it was stressed was when doing some grafik editting on some CR2 pics around 23-25 mb each and 5 pics open in photoshop at the same time, but hey its still not a Desktop pc…

How Works the usb 3.0 ports?.
    Please,could you tell me in which shop Did you buy it?

Martin Christensen
    Participant

Both USB 3.0 works flawless, yesterday I made 3 backups of my kidz Ipad on th X1 pro 4G on both USB 3.0 ports.
    I bourght it here : http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6911433137.html?orderId=69297644027700

Not the cheapest, but good communication and nice service, she Installed Windows 8.1 English and made a driver dump on the desktop of the win 8.1 drivers. Remember to tell them that you want an Activated win 8.1 English, then you can download the language pack your self.
    I installed Win10 and after a lot of work I finally made it work with Win10 as well. You can find the driver dump for Win10 in Chrisse`s Download section.

I just noticed that you are able to get it here as well a little cheaper: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Teclast-X1-Pro-4G-12-2-intel-Core-M-4GB-Ram-128GB-SSD-2560-1600/32350486313.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.28lxEh&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2_71_72_73_61_74_75,searchweb201527_4,searchweb201560_9

Antonio
    Participant

Thak you Martin. I’ve just bought an X2 (http://es.aliexpress.com/item/8-PiPO-Work-W2-Windows-Tablet-PC-Intel-Atom-Z3735D-Quad-Core-IPS-1280×800-2GB-Ram/2020018634.html?adminSeq=220451506&shopNumber=1052504)

The X1 is too expensive for me. although I see cheaper in Spemall (http://www.spemall.com/Teclast-X1-Pro-4G-Dual-Boot-Tablet-PC-with-12-2-Inch-2560-1600-IPS-G-G-Capacitive-Touch-Screen-Bluetooth-Dual-Camera-HDMI-4GB-128GB_g.html), But I have mistrust with this shop.

I bought an 128 gb X2 the last week but finally I had to cancel the order because they only have the 64 gb version. Today, I’ve bought the 128 gb version in other shop, they’ve assured me that have stock of 128 gb version.

If I’d have to cancel this order again, I’ll consider to buy the X1 because I see that all the shops are rising the prices of the X2 128 gb version.

I’m waiting to payment confirmation and giving me the tracking number.

Thanks again and sorry for my poor english

Antonio
    Participant
    Kamal
    Participant

I found this, if anyone is interested. https://mikecanex.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/teclast-x1-pro-4g-new-firmware/

Is it possibly a dual boot firmware?

Antonio
    Participant

I think so. I hope for X2 too.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar