Teclast X2 Pro or X16 Power

Teclast X2 Pro or X16 Power

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Teclast X2 Pro or X16 Power

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So the Atom X7 Z8700 8gb ram 11.6 inch screen has been released for pre orders.

No doubt the Atom chipset outclasses the Z2 chipset, but the X16 Power comes with 64gb eMMC compared to the 128gb SSD in the X2 Pro.

How do you guys think they compare?

I am edging towards the new X16 Power.

Looking to place an order in the next few days.

Ragnar Ironblood
    Participant

No Atom can outclass Core M. Currently it’s the best solution in the tablet market. BTW, there’s little to no cooling on Atoms.

LifeIsOnTheWire
    Participant

There’s no chance the Atom will outperform a broadwell Core M.

Your money would be better spent on a Core M.

Wait for the 11.11 sale, there’s an Aliexpress deal for a Cube i7 for $285

Chris G
    Keymaster

I second that. Core M is the (Fanless) best tablet chipset I feel. No Atom will match it.

The new Tecalst X16 Z8700 I don’t think will be released until December, so you’re in for a bit of a wait. And it might cost almost the same as the Cube i7 Stylus. My guess is it will be close to $280 on first release.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

The new Atom X7-Z8700 Teclast has been released for pre-sale and I have had confirmation from Teclast listed supplier that it will ship on 11.11

I thought it would outclass the Core M, but views on here say otherwise. I am also disappointed that it uses an eMMC ROM, who knows what manufacturer that will come from so the read/write speed is in the air.

I really like the thought of a true dual boot sin 10/android but I guess I will be settling for an android emulator.

Ragnar Ironblood
    Participant

Yup, seems Intel and M$ decided to bury android. BT tabs were the only with the true dualboot.

Xazac
    Participant

Hello,

so wich is better to buy? X16 Power or X2 Pro?

I like the X16 because of 8GB RAM, but I always had a bad experience with Atom, even if X16 has a quad-core Atom while X2 has a dual-core Core M.So wich one should I buy? I don’t care about gaming, I need it for internet, music/video and for developing.

Thank you!

Ragnar Ironblood
    Participant

Core M all the way. Number of cores does not affect anything but multitasking ability. There’s also little to no need in 8gb. Also, seems there’s no cooling solution for Atoms whereas Ms are ok. <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>As for productivity, Cherries and Bays are pretty much the same level. Basically, CT=BT + Gen8 graphic chip.  Core M all the way.  Personally, I’ve ordered Cube i7 Stylus for coding. </span>

Xazac
    Participant

Core M all the way. Number of cores does not affect anything but multitasking ability. There’s also little to no need in 8gb. Also, seems there’s no cooling solution for Atoms whereas Ms are ok. As for productivity, Cherries and Bays are pretty much the same level. Basically, CT=BT + Gen8 graphic chip. Core M all the way. Personally, I’ve ordered Cube i7 Stylus for coding.

Thank you, I bought the Teclast X2 Pro!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password