Teclast X80 Pro does not boot from UEFI rescue stick

Teclast X80 Pro does not boot from UEFI rescue stick

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series Teclast X80 Pro does not boot from UEFI rescue stick

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TechnoMax
    Participant

The German computer magazine c’t has published another version of its WinBuilder based emergency stick or disk tutorial. I produced two USB sticks successfully with this advice and tried it with a CHUWI 12.3 LapBook with success. But my Teclast X80 Pro did not boot from either stick. I could choose the sticks in BIOS as a first device but this did not help. I think the sticks are UEFI devices. Could this hinder the boot process? What else could have prevented booting?

bitpusher
    Participant

You could try to boot with a Linux boot disk like the SystemRescueImage, which is bootable in legacy mode.

TechnoMax
    Participant

But was could be the reason that these USB-sticks don’t work with the Teclast X80 Pro? Even a very old Lenovo T61 had no problems booting them.

And of course I would like to stick to my Windows solutions for an emergency device. I never got used to Linux in the past.

Brad
    Participant

It’s probably how the disks are formatted and what tool was used. Was it Rufus? where is the tutorial showing what was done?

flopflop
    Participant

I couldn’t get it to boot from USB by changing the order either. But if you just choose the stick at the “boot override” menu, then is does work.

Marc
    Participant
    I had the same issue, using Save and Exit Tab in the Bios, my different rescue USB Keys did not appear. 
    I moved one step forward today trying the suggestion of Bitpusher : when writing the Linux boot disk  
    SystemRescueImage on a USB key, then it appeared in the Boot Override list ! Many thanks Bitpusher !!!
    For instance I am not any further, but after so many attemps these last weeks, finally seeing my USB key feels so good ! 
    I wanted to make my feedback immediately :)
    Artifixprime
    Participant

I’ve been having similar problems with my x80 pro E3E9. The boot menu in the BIOS simply doesn’t have an option to boot from the USB.

All there seems to be is “UEFI: Built-n EFI Shell” along with the boot manager etc…

I’ve tried disabling secure boot but nothing seems to make a difference. Anyone else seen this?

(I’m trying to re-install windows and get rid of android)

Artifixprime
    Participant

Got it working – had the ****ing USB drive in the wrong port of the USB hub :/

Working on the drivers now

Artifixprime
    Participant

I’ve been having similar problems with my x80 pro E3E9. The boot menu in the BIOS simply doesn’t have an option to boot from the USB. All there seems to be is “UEFI: Built-n EFI Shell” along with the boot manager etc… I’ve tried disabling secure boot but nothing seems to make a difference. Anyone else seen this? (I’m trying to re-install windows and get rid of android)

I’d a similar problem. What worked for me was (a) use a powered USB hub and (b) have the USB drive in the first port. If it wasn’t in the first port it didn’t appear in the boot overide menu.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar