teclast x98 air II touchscreen problem

teclast x98 air II touchscreen problem

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot teclast x98 air II touchscreen problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jooni
    Participant

Hey,

i recently got a teclast x98 air II 32gb android version.

I flashed bios to version 2.0.2 for dual boot.

Then i flashed the custom rom  X98_Air_2_android_5.0_mirek190_v5.0 from the download section. Everything works fine except the camera isn’t recognized by the device.

After that i installed windows 10 on the tablet. I installed all drivers found for windows 10 and teclast x98 air 3g in the download section but the screen rotation seemed to be inverted. Everything else worked fine.

I couldnt fix the problem so i refreshed windows 10.

Now i installed the same drivers screen rotation works but my touchscreen seems to be uncalibrated.

I tried calibration in control panel under tablet settings but it didnt fix the problem.

So my question is which drivers work for you on teclast x98 air II?

I need to have the touchscreen working it seems to be inverted or delayed.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards jooni

Hasan
    Participant

same problem.. help me please.. touch screen calibrate not working right..

Hasan
    Participant

is there any solution?

jooni
    Participant

Hm i dont know seems like no one else is having the problem..

I tried out every driver i can get but it doesnt work.

Yesterday i finally managed to get an baidu account working for downloading directly from teclast official cloud.

I tried windows 10 for teclast x98 air II hg9m.

My teclast x98 air II has the number hg5n.

I though maybe this windows version would work because its official released for “air II”  but different number than mine.

I installed windows from scratch by .wim which normally should include all drivers already.

But this also doesnt work my touchscreen behaves the same way as told in my first post.

Now i need to get a tutorial to change chinese windows 10 to english one, then im going to try drivers again.

Im going to post something here if it works.

When it doesnt work maybe i will try windows 8.1. Havent tried it since now because i wanted to start on windows 10 but if its not working maybe windows 8 is.

Regards jooni

Tof
    Participant

Have exactly the same issue with the same try a looking for a solution

Let us know if you found something and I will do the same…

jooni
    Participant

Hi, finally I got it working.

Here is what I did:

1. Reflash X98_Air_2_android_5.0_mirek190_v5.0 with Intel Manufacturing Flash Tool (dl: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4EXB7Ngka9pX0pjN0hQOFZVS00&export=download) to do a clean windows install later. I used 6 GB Android Data 1 GB System from the partition tables folder. I dont think this is necessary but i just tell exactly what i did. In Intel MFT i used “flash-full_with_REPARTITION.xml” from the rom folder.
    2. After that I used Media Creation tool from Microsoft to make a bootable windows 10 32 bit usb stick and put the drivers for windows 10 on the stick to use it later (dl: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4EXB7Ngka9pS0pJdHdnLUw1eEk&export=download ).  I plugged in usb stick and keyboard in usb hub via otg usb cable. I booted in bios by pressing entf at startup. then in bios i booted direclty from stick to install windows. After that i did an update for windows 10 and rebooted. Then i went to control panel and used windows device manager to install the drivers. I clicked every yellow ! and unknown devices  and pointed to the folder “Windows 10 Drivers X98 Air 3G” to install drivers from there. After that there was only one left which was the driver for screen rotation. I went to the drivers folder in windows explorer and installed kxaccel-win8-x86-dbg-intel.exe in g-sensor folder after that i used gsensor.reg. For now screen rotation was working but only inverted. Then i restarted the tablet and everything woks fine, touch is correctly installed and screen rotation’s also working fine.
    3. Then i checked camera but it did not work. After that i went to device manager and saw another unknown device. I pointed to driver folder and installed driver. Now camera is working but its inverted. trying to fix that for now but im happy everything else works fine now.

I hope this little tutorial helps you to fix the problem.

regards jooni

Hasan
    Participant

Not working right, again!

Tof
    Participant

Thanks jooni, I will try this process by re-installing Win10

I will let you know…

Tof
    Participant

Ok, I have tested again, and no way to make it work 🙁

Here what I did:

Install a fresh Win 10 32 bit from a USB key

During the installation, I have delete all old partition to have Win10 using all disk space (I have a Xp 98 Air II single OS)

After the installation I went in device manager and said to search for drivers in Teclast_3g068i_drivers folder for all device which had invalid drivers, there is many, and all seems to work fine excepte than touch screen do not detect where I touch but an other location

What we are missing ? I’m wondering if it is not a bios Issue…

How to check BIOS version and how to get latest version installed ? Do you know where we could have a tuto ?

Tof
    Participant

Then I have run install.bat from Teclast_3g068i_drivers\Touch_jianrong_ouleima

And the touch screen issue is that (in portrait mode) the horizontal is OK, but the vertical is wrong by half of a screen.

I guess the issue could be fixed by changing one (some) values in TouchSetting.gt file.

Does anybody knows which value should be change to correct this half screen vertical calibration error ?

Tof
    Participant

I found the solution. At least for me.

I have found an other file TouchSetting.gt for Teclast

You just need to replace the one in Teclast_3g068i_drivers\Touch_jianrong_ouleima but the one I put in attachement and run as administrator the install.bat in Teclast_3g068i_drivers\Touch_jianrong_ouleima

Don’t ask me to explain you the diff in the file, but it works 😉

Tof
    Participant

I cannot attach file with gt extension, so I have renamed it in TouchSetting.gt.txt

So once you have downloaded it, do not forget to rename it in TouchSetting.gt

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jooni
    Participant

Hey,

which exact models do you have?

Hasan if you want help maybe you need to post some more informations about your device.

For example like i told earlier my texlast x98 air II is hg5n model which i think is one of the first revisions.

It came with android only.

I manually flashed bios 2.02 which is for dual boot.

You could check ur current bios if you boot up your device and join bios by clicking del while seeing teclast logo.

On the main page you see general information about current bios version.

For example like in my case:

BIOS vendor: Teclast

Core Version: 5.008

Compliancy: UEFI 2.3; PI 1.2

Project Version: tPAD 2.02

Build Date and Time : 04/21/2015 17:48:54

As you see “Project Version” points out the current version of your bios.

Tof, i did what you did with the .gt file earlier but in my case it didnt helped. Like i told ijust  installed driver and touchscreen worked immidiately.

Only screen rotation was inverted but this was fixed after the first reboot after driver installation.

It seems like there are different workarounds for different kind of models. or we are on different bios versions so for some reasons there are issues.

I think i’ve also read that sometimes if you install touchscreen and screen roatation and after that you install your gpu the other drivers could be not working correctly anymore. Maybe that was the case i dont know.

Tof
    Participant

I have updated an other Teclast x80 with fresh install and have installed gpu driver first and then all other and I had not touch screen issue, I guess this is the point.

I will not test agoin on my x98 air II as it is working perfectly now with my patch file, but I guess I would not need it if I had installed GPU first.

Hope it will help others…

Tof
    Participant

Hasan, what about you ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar