Teclast X98 Plus A5C8 Android Crash

Teclast X98 Plus A5C8 Android Crash

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Teclast X98 Plus A5C8 Android Crash

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bram Pribadi
    Participant

Today I received the Teclast X98 Plus A5C8. When I started the Android, and changed the language, after that my son open the developer option, suddenly the gyro become abnormal and doesn’t function properly. We rebooted the tablet, after that tablet failed to boot to Android, and I keep getting error message:

‘Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.’

The tablet cannot boot further, stuck on that error message.

The Windows 10 works fine.

In this condition, is there a way to reset the Android? Or probably re-flash the Android ROM without affecting the Windows 10 ?

I cannot go into the system setting to do factory reset because Android stuck.

Thanks!

eli mizrahi
    Participant

I am facing the same problem, in my case, i got this repeating error imminently after changing the language.

Please help up, how can we recover this problem?

Bram Pribadi
    Participant

Looks like the error was caused by the Input and Drawing features in the Developer Options. So better not to touch those settings.

After troubleshooting for days, I finally fixed my tablet from that System UI error, using adb command to wipe the Android cache : fastboot -w

Step 1 : Install the following Intel driver so the tablet can be detected by Windows.

I read that in Linux, Intel driver is not necessary.

1) First, install iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0.exe file;
    2) install IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0.exe file;
    3) Finally, install PhoneFlashTool_5.3.2.0_win32.exe file;

Most probably PhoneFlashTool is not required if we only need to run adb command, but I did install those 3 files.

Those files can be downloaded from Teclast Download section by entering the table model number, which is in this case is A5C8:

http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/showtools.php

Or direct link to Baidu Cloud:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1KWEPw

This is the package file name for those files is : Android5.1系统升级工具.rar

I’ve uploaded those driver and flash tool to Mega as well:

https://mega.nz/#!eIk0yDJJ!UMfpStN_95pSGJc3YC83mGI99UmET53NbSMix0WuKus

Turn ON the tablet, and select boot to Android. The ‘Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.’ error will appear when the booting is done, now connect the tablet to PC using USB cable, and let it be detected by Windows. Start the PhoneFlashTool, the tablet should be shown on the PhoneFlashTool device list, as shown on the attached screenshot. Sometime I have to reboot the tablet a few times till it get detected by the PhoneFlashTool. Then switch off the tablet.

Step 2 : Set the OS Image ID in BIOS to Android.

Press the Volume + button together with the Power button, until the BIOS menu is shown.

Set the OS Image ID in BIOS to Android, and then Save Changes and Reset.

Turn ON the tablet, and select boot to Android. The ‘Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.’ error will appear when the booting is done, and then shutdown  the tablet.

Step 3 : Open Command Window for adb command.

Download the Android ROM from Teclast, same download link as above.

I also uploaded the same file here on Mega:

https://mega.nz/#!yRtUFbqS!xYL3vAkBqjHOGiyLlHU1lHtIjE8lJPaLDkjYZpZ5NWk

Extract the package and go to the ‘Android 固件’ folder using Windows Explorer. Press ‘Shift’ button on the keyboard and then click the mouse right button on empty space on Windows Explorer, then select ‘Open command window here’.

Connect the tablet to PC using USB cable, and turn ON the tablet, and select boot to Android. The ‘Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.’ error will appear when the booting is done, and then shutdown  the tablet, while USB still connected. The tablet then will be automatically started to go to charging mode.

On command window, run the following command: adb reboot bootloader

Tablet will be rebooted to Fastboot Mode as shown in the attached picture. In Fastboot Mode, On command window, run the following command:

fastboot -w

When the process is done, reboot the tablet. On my case, the The ‘Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.’ error didn’t appear anymore, and Android boot normally. You may change back the OS Image ID in BIOS, back to Windows. If not Windows boot will show error, and Windows will automatically change the Image ID in BIOS to Windows.

Good luck!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    miranisuddin
    Participant

Thank you so much Bram Prebedi for your instruction for fixing ‘Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.’ I got my Teclast X98 Plus 3G (A6C9) last month and when switching around Developer Options, suddenly I got myself stuck in ‘Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.’ error message. I browsed through all over the net for the solution but all in vain. Finally I found your solution and downloaded the Android ROM and Drivers for Teclast X98 Plus 3G (A6C9). At the end I was successful in fixing the error following your steps. I’m really grateful to you.

Mir Anis Uddin

Amanda Herath
    Participant

Thank You very much Bram Pribadi. It worked on Teclast x98 plus 3G (A6C9) model too. Great!! I also got in to the same problem by messing with the drawing and input options in Developer Options section. Better to leave them untouched.

By the way, Does any type of touch pens work in Teclast x98 Plus tablets? Passive or Active? Like to do some note taking on it.

Thanks!

AveryFB
    Participant

It will not recognize my device I followed all of your instructions but when I go into the Terminal and do adb devices nothing shows up please help me and respond ASAP. Thanks

AveryFB
    Participant

Oh Nvm thx I fixed it I just had to read it better I didnt do something I should have

sundarnydia
    Participant

Today I received the Teclast X98 Plus A5C8. When I started the Android, and changed the language, after that my son open the developer option, suddenly the gyro become abnormal and doesn’t function properly. We rebooted the tablet, after that tablet failed to boot to Android, and I keep getting error message: ‘Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.’ The tablet cannot boot further, stuck on that error message. The Windows 10 works fine. In this condition, is there a way to reset the Android? Or probably re-flash the Android ROM without affecting the Windows 10 ? I cannot go into the system setting to do factory reset because Android stuck. Thanks!

Loss of critical system files is highly likely to cause this problem. Methods such as factory resets are actually not helpful in solving this problem, it only applies to problems caused by application incompatibility. You’d better use the system repair tool to solve or take the phone to the repair shop for repair, in order to recover deleted system files.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar