Teclast X98 Plus A5C8 – Does not charge

Teclast X98 Plus A5C8 – Does not charge

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Teclast X98 Plus A5C8 – Does not charge

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    javldrc
    Participant

Hi,

My Teclast does not charge. I’ve opened the tablet and I can see a burned component. I have attached a couple of pictures. Do you thing it is worth to try to replace the component? Can someone help me to identify it? It looks like a RN4603, but the one in the board has just 5 pins, not 6…

Best regards.

J

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Daniél Lecoq
    Participant

While I don’t have any good answer for you. I have a question. How did you open it? I have one of those and my volume rocker is super sensitive as is the area around it. Just touching the area around it lowers the volume to zero. Which is highly annoying when I try to use it for media. My thought was that the volume buttons might be slightly off so touches around activates the button. But I haven’t managed to open it so I hopefully can fix it. Where should I start to insert the tools?

javldrc
    Participant

Hi Daniél,

I used the typical tools to open mobiles, tablets, etc… and I started from the bottom, placing the tools that is like a guitar pick between the screen (white part) and the rear (metal part). Then I moved the pick to open the tablet from that part to one of the sides, then from the bottom to the other side and the top part just disassembled because the other 3 were already done. I was not too careful and it opened fine, no cracks at all. The battery and mainboard are attached to the screen side, so the rear can be easily removed because it hasn’t got any connection.

This is the second time I have to open the tablet (the first one was to check the micro-sd reader, but I could not fix it) so maybe this time was easier (I don’t remember the first time xD).

Hope this helps!

J

Daniél Lecoq
    Participant

Thank you javldrc. I’ll try it as soon as I get time. Sorry I couldn’t help you, but you helped me.

javldrc
    Participant

RN4603

In case you can open your tablet, could you send me a picture with that component? Maybe the label is more clear in your tablet (just because the component is not burnt).

Daniél Lecoq
    Participant

Ok. Will do. I’ll hopefully get some time to try tomorrow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar