teclast x98 plus ii sd card slot

teclast x98 plus ii sd card slot

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion teclast x98 plus ii sd card slot

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael S. Burr
    Participant

Ive had this problem for around a year now, and untill yesterday ive just accepted that i wont be able to fix it. I got my teclast x98 plus ii and i wasn’t satisfyed with the amount of storage space on the windows partion, so i reformated the whole thing, getting rid of any android anything. After that, it was really confusing to get the drivers working, i still cant use my camera. But my biggest problem is that i cant use my sd card slot. I have two 128 gig sd cards, 1 32 gig, and 1 2 gig. My tablet can usally detect that i inserted one of the 128 gig sd cards, but one of the sd class storage controllers gives an error error 10 in the device manager. I cant get the 32 gig one to even come up at all, but its usually in my android tv, so that ma be a problem,but i doubt it because when i plug it into an sd to usb reader i see it just fine. it tells me to reformat because its for my tv, but i still see it. And for the two gig i can read and write just fine. I had never tried the wo gig before yesterday and thougt that the slot was just broken, but with all the sd cards i can read and write on them through the sd to usb adapter i have. The sd card i would like to use is a class 10 128 gig sdxc patriot card. i would also be able to use a pny “high proformance” 128 gig sdxc card.

I posted this a couple of days ago on the teclast x98 pro fourm, im moving it and hoping to get a responce. if im still on the wrong fourm please tell me

Thanks in advance.

Michael S. Burr
    Participant

btw the cameras do work now, im assuming through windows update.

Veaceslav
    Participant

I gave up on using the sd card slot. It is just not working. I was using Android, but after some time the sd card won’t be recognized anymore. If I need to access something, I use a pendrive + OTG cable. Works much better.

Michael S. Burr
    Participant

hmm. That sucks… Do you think its a software problem or the sd card slot just slowly stops working? I just cant stand only having 9 gigs of memory, even after i removed android. Id be willing to re-reformat, but if its hardware ill probably get a tbook 16.

Javanine
    Participant

It’s the hardware and software, probably a physical problem with the SD card reader and Intel chipset issues combined with flaky drivers from Microsoft. I also used to be able to get a 64 GB card working intermittently but now only 16 GB cards and smaller work. Using the old Windows 8.1 drivers didn’t solve the problem, I got slow transfers and the card would get unmounted often.

I’ve given up and now I use a tiny ReMax USB OTG adapter coupled to a tiny MicroSD card reader: the combo is slightly larger than my thumbnail and I can use a 128 GB card with no issues. The card is only used for backups and movies so it’s not a problem to plug it into the USB port.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar