teclast x98 plus ii wifi problem

teclast x98 plus ii wifi problem

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion teclast x98 plus ii wifi problem

• This topic has 23 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Brad.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    miko
    Participant

hello.
    i was thinking to buy the Teclast x98 plus ii.

after reading in lot of places about it wi fi problem ( which should be part of my main use with this kind of unit ), week reception etc.  i’m not sure i’ll do it.
    did anyone solved it, or it is a hardware problem?

something which someone wrote in one of the discussions here  is very bothering:

“I contacted to Teclast.es and they said they cannot support me because the tablet is chinnese version.”

found this but first it looks a bit risky.

second’ why i have to get a unit with build inn problem?

i guess i’ll wait and see if telcast will fix this issue in the next production.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/x98-air/help/hardware-mod-improving-wifi-connection-t3469374

Veaceslav
    Participant

I will not recommend this tablet. Even after my hardware mod, the “antenna gate” effect is still strong and the speed and internet stability depends on the router. I could live with poor speakers or webcam, but without wi-fi any tablet is useless.

Go for another tablet.

miko
    Participant

thank you.
    i totally agree with this:
    “I could live with poor speakers or webcam, but without wi-fi any tablet is useless.”

what do you mean by this?:
    “the speed and internet stability depends on the router”
    do you mean how close is the tablet to the router?

Veaceslav
    Participant

Yes, depends on how close you are to the router and how good is your router’s transmit power and gain(amplification of received signal). You also get different speeds based on router you are connected to.

miko
    Participant

so if i in a room at some hotel I’m depending on luck or god -:)

is there any other tablet you recommend ?

Henr
    Participant

Hello, since two weeks I also have the x98 plus 2. I confirm that the Wi-Fi doesn’t work good in both os, Android and Windows. Always there are interruptions of Wi-Fi. I’ve  solved this problem in this way that I put an extern wlan  n stick to the micro usb port. Now it works satisfiedly.

Jorge
    Participant

What adapter do you use? and gives also in android?

Subte
    Participant

X98 Plus II C2D6 version havent wifi problems for me, all work fine.

Gabor
    Participant

I also own the C2D6 Version and really can’t complain about WiFi. Performance is about the some as with similar devices. Seems that Teclast has fixed the issue.

Jorge
    Participant

Anyone can see the difference between C2D6 and C2D4 that explains that this does not have problems with wifi

Veaceslav
    Participant

I noticed something today. If I set the wi-fi channel to 6, the downloads are better when I am not in the same room. Maybe antenna is optimized for this frequency only. But I am not really sure it will help everyone 🙂

miko
    Participant

beside the wi fi thing are you generally satisfied with this unit ?

Veaceslav
    Participant

Not really. I would say that it has bad hardware design. I was able to pinpoint that the reason of unexpected reboots, freezes etc were solved after I set the max frequency to 1.44 Ghz. Running at 1.84 is not stable at all, which means they did not implement a correct power delivery to the CPU. At this point I am just waiting to see when my tablet will fail completely.

Veaceslav
    Participant

I will recommend to go for a Xiaomi, Huaweii, Asus tablet instead.

miko
    Participant

i’m looking for something with the quality of Samsung tab s2 , but it’s quiet expansive

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar