Teclast x98 plus II

Teclast x98 plus II

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Teclast x98 plus II

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 345 total)
  • Author
    Airwolf
    Participant

@jump – Does your x98 Plus II run at the full 1600 or still 1066 mHz, and is it a metal body?

I have one.  The memory runs at 1600 MHz and the back is metal.  The front bezel is plastic.

Jump
    Participant

Same for me.

Andy
    Participant

He, here you can download the rom here : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bozw8B9

how do i download  from baidu without installing their bloatware?

Aurélien Dispenza
    Participant

I use jdownloader 🙂

Esteve Noguera Llinàs
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I just recieved a Teclast X98 Plus II and for the moment everything is fine but the wifi. It has a very poor performance and it only works when I am right behind the rooter, and even so, I still get low speed.

I tried to do an OTA update, and my tablet finds one availabe, but it is unable to download the required files. Browsing works fine un both OS.

I saw also that previous firmwares had some issues with wifi, so does anybody know how to locally do an OTA upgrade?

I do not know what to do, it is my very first android tablet as well as my first chinese device. Do you think I should try to install a custom ROM in order to fix this? Will I loose the warranty? I saw one of forums’s fellow posted the chinese site to install the custom ROM, but I have no experience in flashing android devices.

Thank you all in advance!

Esteve Noguera Llinàs
    Participant

Hi again,

I found also that android is only taking advantage of 2 Gb, instead of 4 Gb. Could anyone explain that? Is it because of Android 5.1?

Cheers

Alexander
    Participant

Hi again, I found also that android is only taking advantage of 2 Gb, instead of 4 Gb. Could anyone explain that? Is it because of Android 5.1? Cheers

Exactly the same here, wifi is really slow and ota update doesn’t work! Where can I download the latest update for manual installation?

Esteve Noguera Llinàs
    Participant

Hi Alexander,

Does the download weight around 54 mb and when it finishes, does the app say that download failed?

Cheers

William Chew
    Participant

hows the battery life as compared to x98 plus?

how about gaming?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi Alexander, Does the download weight around 54 mb and when it finishes, does the app say that download failed? Cheers

This is what happens to me also.

@william-chew
    Battery life seems a little less, close to 6 hours in got in PCmark’s test in Android.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Andy
    Participant

… everything is fine but the wifi. It has a very poor performance …

I’ve got ~20Mbit/s of my home 802.11n wifi network (next room from the AP), same as my old netbook. But at work, where I have only 802.11g, the speed is awful (less than 1Mbit/s very close to AP).

I have no experience in flashing android devices

I would not rush in flashing, especially with no experience. As far as I know, this device can be bricked very easily.

Esteve Noguera Llinàs
    Participant

@chris And did you manage to fix this issue? Do you have also problems with WiFi?

@ega2002
    So, do you mean that the root of the problem may be a security incompatibility or something?

Thank you all for your replies and help!

Andy
    Participant

So, do you mean that the root of the problem may be a security incompatibility or something?

Probably, I don’t know. May be a driver, we should dig more in this issue. And I think bad performance of 11g is not a thing I would worry about, if 11n works satisfactorily.

Pablo
    Participant

I use jdownloader ?

Could you upload a mirror in another server? Please!

Thanks

Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay yes, Wifi is really bad when away from my router. The range is hopeless, downstairs normally I loose about 30% speed as it has to pass the walls and floor its normal. But I get 1 bar of signal downstairs, most tablets get 3-4. Not good.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 345 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar