[SOLVED] Tempered Glass Screen Protection + Keyboard (CDK09): Is it possible?

[SOLVED] Tempered Glass Screen Protection + Keyboard (CDK09): Is it possible?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus [SOLVED] Tempered Glass Screen Protection + Keyboard (CDK09): Is it possible?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  virgo 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Faithlessaint
    Participant

Greetings,

Is someone there using the Cube Mix Plus with it’s official keyboard (CDK09) and a Tempered Glass Screen Protection? I picked this Tempered Glass Screen Protection for the Cube Mix Plus, but it makes the tablet too thick to fit in the official keyboard. I really want to protect the screen of my tablet against scratches and possible accidental impacts, but I also need to use the keyboard.

If someone have this combination and can share a link, I would appreciate.

Thank you.

UPDATE: I decided to rename the topic title, adding the tag [SOLVED], so it might help other users with a similar problem.

virgo
    Participant

yes. not thick

If you found my answer helpful, you may donate to me at my signature above!

Faithlessaint
    Participant

After posting here, I decided to try the screen protector that I bought from the link that I posted above.
    I was able to insert the tablet in the keyboard with some difficulty (which is already a bad sign). But after closing and opening the netbook (tablet + keyboard) for about 3 times, it scratched the keyboard noticeably!!

Virgo, did you try to use the tablet with a tempered glass screen protector and the original keyboard? If you did, how did it work for you? Where did you buy? Do you have a link?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

virgo
    Participant

I bought 4$ type which is thinner

Faithlessaint
    Participant

But is that tempered glass? Or plastic?
    Do you have the link?

virgo
    Participant

I dont have a link. I bought it from a local guy . That one for iWork11 Stylus

Faithlessaint
    Participant

When I purchased the Cube Mix Plus, it came with a plastic screen protection containing the brand written in mandarin in the center. Before applying the tempered glass screen protector, I removed this plastic and I noticed there was something else that I was not quite sure what it was; it looked like a second, thicker plastic screen protection. Since I wasn’t  sure, I didn’t try to remove it and I applied the tempered glass screen protection over it.

In that case, I would like to ask: Is the case that the Cube Mix Plus comes with two screen protections, a thinner (with the brand) and a thicker?
    Because if the answer is “Yes”, I didn’t remove it. In that case, perhaps if I remove it, it could solve this issue.

virgo
    Participant

Yes

Faithlessaint
    Participant

Alright, so I removed the Tempered Glass and took a closer look. In fact, the Cube Mix Plus comes with a second plastic screen protector pre-installed from the factory. So with some difficulty, I removed that and reinstalled the Tempered Glass… and now it does not damage the keyboard anymore!!

Besides, now it’s not so hard to fit the tablet into the keyboard (although it’s not as easy when compared to the original plastic screen protector).

Thanks for the support. It’s really good to see that the original keyboard is not incompatible with a Tempered Glass screen protector.

virgo
    Participant

I don’t work for Cube, just like you, in expect of extending ‘user helping user’.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password