Jumper EZbook 3 pro or Chuwi Lapbook SE?

Jumper EZbook 3 pro or Chuwi Lapbook SE?

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Jumper EZbook 3 pro or Chuwi Lapbook SE?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yannis 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Yannis
    Participant

I am between the Lapbook SE and the Jumper EZbook 3 pro. I am leaning towards the latter a bit due to higher amount of RAM, lower price and free SSD slot where I can install more than 128 GB right off the box.

Plan is for light use, not for gaming, but I want to dual boot Linux and I have seen in the review that the EZbook doesn’t support Linux (?).

Is the new Gemini Lake processor worthy upgrade enough to go for the Lapbook SE?

Which do you recommend of the two or is there a third alternative on this range?

Brad
    Participant

They both support Linux.  Some (not all) EZbook users have had trouble with the touchpad not working under Linux. This is a problem that various notebooks have not just Jumper.  There are updated drivers in the works for this though depending on which touchpad yours has (they swap parts a lot when building them).  I would go with the Lapbook SE. It’s quite a bit faster with the Celeron N4100 and so far as I have heard no problems with the touchpad.  You can somewhat compensate for the 2GB less ram (4GB vs 6GB in the EZbook) by installing a slimmer/lighter Linux distribution.
    The default LinuxMint Cinnamon 19 that Chris tested, is not the lightest/smallest one.  Better ones for a 4GB machine would be IMO…
    LinuxMint Xfce I think this will install the Grub boot manager and work fine for dual-booting with Windows
    Manjaro Xfce 18
    (*may*, not sure, require extra install/setup of the rEFInd boot manager for getting dual-boot with Windows working)
    It’s also helpful to use a lighter-weight browser like the Falkon browser.

Yannis
    Participant

Thank you so much for the reply. I have already ordered the Lapbook SE indeed after reading this forum and more of Chris’ comments & posts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password