Thermal Mod

Thermal Mod

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Thermal Mod

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roland
    Participant

I would like to do the thermal mod, but I only have 15x15x0.5mm copper shim’s at home, are they good for this mod or do I have to buy the 20x20x1mm ones? Thank you for the reply in advance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey there. Check out Chris YouTube video. He did talk about using different sized copper shims..or it could be in the comments section. I personally use a 20x20x0.8mm.

Roland
    Participant

Thank you, and I did check it already, but there is only one comment that talks about using a 15x15x1.0mm one, but I guess now that the tablet has arrive all just have to try it some time.

Keith C.
    Participant

hmm, just realized i double created an account here and therefore deleted the other and am using this one now! as previously mentioned, i am using a 20x20x0.8mm copper shim..so what i did was core m3 -> thermal paste -> copper shim -> thermal paste -> OG heatsink -> OG thermal pad -> blackplate. Personally i think its okay, but I think if i were to redo it again, i’d go 20x20x0.5mm cos I get this weird rainbow effect on my screen (like when something is pressed against the screenprotector). No impact on my usage, but would prefer if it wasnt there to begin with.

Owned this thing for about 3 months now, all i can say is temps from HwInfo is good, games at around 60-70deg celcius, but the backplate gets really really hot at that spot where the OG thermal pad is in contact with to the backplate.

Roland
    Participant

Thank you again, I will surely now try it when I get the time, to take it apart.

Roland
    Participant

Well I did the mod and so far it looks like it works great. I went from 90°C to 65°C. I was running Unigine Heaven for 20 min. So it looks like the 15x15x0.5mm copper shim works perfectly to it barely covers the whole processor but if you position it correctly and gently put the metal plate back on then you should be okey. And it looks like it does not push the screen at all.

Keith C.
    Participant

Thats great to hear! I might redo it when I open it for my upgrade of my m.2 to 250GB. Am looking at the Transcend 250GB M.2 2242, but i can’t justify it considering it cost almost half as much as this cube mix plus..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar