Thunderbolt on USB-C?

Thunderbolt on USB-C?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast X5 Pro Thunderbolt on USB-C?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Prytoluk
    Participant

Dear friends,

I’m spending the next month in China and I’m thinking about buying a Teclast x5 pro. It seems to me a much better deal than a Cube Mix Plus (since I have the extra dollars to expend on the Teclast at the moment) because of the 8GB Ram.

But there’s one thing that still bugs me. I read a review on Cube Mix Plus on this very website (goo.gl/Gx5R59) that mentions Thunderbolt activation options on Bios.
    Has anybody tried Thunderbolt over Teclast X5 Pro’s Usb-C? Is it a definitely no-no? Are there any Thunderbolt mentions on the device’s Bios?

Thank you very much.

Miguel Prytoluk
    Participant

Since nobody answered, I will by myself.

I finally bought the Teclast X5 Pro aaaand: yeah, in fact there are several mentions on Thunderbolt over USB-C on Bios. It doesn’t come activated by default, you have to do it on your own. Bios is accessed by spamming “Esc” on start.

There are also several mentions on external GPU usage over Thunderbolt, which are deactivated by default. You have to activate it, and when you do, the default is “AMD only” and you may change to “AMD and Geforce”.

I haven’t had the opportunity to test a Thunderbolt device, nor a External GPU over Thunderbolt. I’ve only heard it has been done on similar chinese tablets.

I’m updating the BIOS with the file provided by Tech Tablets tonight, and as soon as I have new tests done on Thunderbolt I’ll come here to share what I’ve got.

halo
    Participant

How’s it going? :D, very hope it will connect with eGPU

Miguel Prytoluk
    Participant

Hi, I still don’t have the eGPU adapter to test it.
    I’ll probably test it over the next months.
    I wanted to do the Bios + USB-C charging firmware updates before that, but i don’t seem to be able to :/

I’ll try reinstalling Windows10 to do the update. Anyway i’ll come with news as soon as I have it.

Joaquin Aquino
    Participant

So im planning to buy this tablet too if it has thunderbolt 3. So my question is does it have thunderbolt 3 and can it support external GPU’s?

Jeremy
    Participant

Did anyone ever solve this question?

Is it infact thunderbolt 3?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar