Thunderbolt turned off in bios ?

Thunderbolt turned off in bios ?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Thunderbolt turned off in bios ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jeremy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Steven Hepple
    Participant

Just as a heads up, looked in my bios and thunderbolt was turned off. Is this normal as i thought thunderbolt was the usb c port bios control ? Could also be why some people cant charge properly from usb c port…..

Zubin
    Participant

Thunderbolt does not equal USB3.1

The reason people cant charge the i9 from USB3.1 is because it isn’t a full USB3.1 spec connection, its missing the wire/connection for power delivery so even when you plug in a USB3.1 charger it has no pins to send power along, thus no charging. Its just Physically not there.
    Google “USB Type-C vs. USB 3.1 vs. Thunderbolt: What’s the Difference?” (cant post the link, says it makes my post look like spam)

Steve Hepple
    Participant

There are 2 ports capable of taking a charge on the i9…the 12 volt and the usb c type(dont know about the usb 3.x but doubt it). The 12v one has always worked, in what i call fast charge mode(its not officially that at all). That just means i can charge while i use the cube and it will put in more  charge han i am using. The usb c type USED to do the same ie i can use the cube and charge at the same time, and eventually the unit would be full. However this has ceased to be the case…and i have found the problem…its the crappy usb c charger that i purchased, it has stopped fast charging. However, it still charges but wont put more in than i use when  i am using the unit. even with all the power saving stuff on. Other people have also found the charger to break (choetech avoid as they wont honour 18 month warranty or reply to problems). I have since found out the thunderbolt setting in bios is mainly for tv out etc.

many thanks.

Jeremy
    Participant

Actually… it is a full usb type c 3.1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password