Tip for increasing videoplayback performance(and lower power)!

Tip for increasing videoplayback performance(and lower power)!

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi13 Forum Tip for increasing videoplayback performance(and lower power)!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daniel J.
    Participant

I experienced some skippy playback issues with certain high-bitrate mkv compressed HD movies files, using the standard Windows 10 mediaplayer.

However, installing the latest k-lite video-codec pack(same as I’ve used for years…..just choose the “standard” package) from here https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

The performance was improved. Especially if you activate the “overlay-mixer renderer” in the mediaplayer classic player(that comes with the codec-pack).  This setting is found clicking away using this path: View-Options-Output. And at the top in the “DirectShow video” dropdown selecter, choose the “overlay mixer renderer”. This will make the intel gfx take over more of the video processing and thus save up some overhead and power on the CPU.

Hope it helps somebody!  🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks for the tip!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

athanato
    Participant

The M$ player was never good, I have always used MPC-HT and never needed the k-lite codec packs on Win 10, Both my HiBookPro and Hi12 were always silky smooth with any content so the Hi13 should be the same. VLC is also good but the GUI is a disaster when you come out of full-screen (windows player loves to go off screen) that they may never fix. Make sure you are running DShow video at the default EVR and set the VMR9 renderless for realmedia and quicktime in the output section. In the Internal filters section go to video decoder and set HW accl to DXVA2 (copy-back) and enabled all of the resolution and codec in HW accl options.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password