Tip on installing English Windows 10

Tip on installing English Windows 10

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Tip on installing English Windows 10

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

What I did is continue as best I could setting up the Chinese installed windows but halted the process before setups loads and boots into windows and automatically activates installed version of windows with Microsoft online.  Then extracted the product key via terminal, installed windows 10 home (via USB) and used the original extracted product key to register and presto activated single licence!  What this did was preserve the windows licence before it was used on Chinese version and used it for an clean English install.  Hope this helps someone. 🙂

Kwistenbiebel
    Participant

Thanks. I like this method as it appears legal. Not so much with using an eBay win 10 key.

Rien
    Participant

You can simply continue the windows installation in Chinese and make sure make a microsoft account and login and actually look for updates and complete the whole installation process. I just did it on my new 2017 12.5 ” Mi book Air 8GB RAM 256 SSD version.

It’s working great in English now, says Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account.
    No need to purchase any shady keys from Ebay or any of that shit 😀

Here’s a how to I used:

http://en.miui.com/thread-585720-1-1.html

Rien
    Participant

Ooh and use Google translate camera function to translate Chinese to English in that setup process 😀

Kwistenbiebel
    Participant

Ha! That last post was necessary as I was already scratching my head to how the hell I was going to get through that Chinese installation . (I was not prepared to close my eyes and gamble click on the options :))

Rien
    Participant

Yeah! Hahaha 😀  The great thing is with this little trick you can now install multiple languages with that same license key that normally was for single language Chinese.

And maannn I love that 12.5 core M5 with that 8Gigs RAM !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar