Tocuhscreen disabling – I2C HID Device problem

Tocuhscreen disabling – I2C HID Device problem

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Tocuhscreen disabling – I2C HID Device problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    J.el
    Participant

Ever since I got my i9 every so often the touchscreen will disable itself. I go into device manager and notice that there’s an exclamation point on the “i2C HID device” icon.

Also, all the icons related to the touchscreen have disappeared (in the ‘Human Device Interfaces’ drop down menu). I did what a few people suggest online (who have had the same issue, but on different devices). Uninstalled the i2c hid, then rebooted. Sometimes it would repair itself, other times not. So, I’d just muck around, disabling/uninstalling the i2c hid, scanning for updates, and eventually it reappears, along with the “touchscreen enabled device” icon in the drop down menu.

Does anyone have a permanent fix for this? It happens twice a week with medium use. I have the BIOS loaded from that XDA dev guy. Also, I had problems with the win key ghosting, which was fixed using the iCube program/fix (hoping that is not the cause).

Roy D
    Participant

I have the same issue since last windows 10 update. Very annoying.

In my case it happens with every reboot, So I have to disable the device, reboot and then enable it again. 🙁

Roy D
    Participant

Same here! Today I read that it may have something to do with the customized bios(2.6) I use and that flashing the original bios will fix this. Do you use the customized bios as well?

Roy D
    Participant

Flashing the original bios fixed the issue for me.

ADRIAN
    Participant

Same problem here. I will try the stock bios and see

P.S – yep, it works. Only stock BIOS with last windows update

Joerg
    Participant

Hi all,

I am new in this forum and since last windows update I have the same issue. Can just reactivate touch as described earlier in this thread.

Can you please share a description on how to update bios and where to find the specific files (stock Bios) .

Thanks Joerg

ADRIAN
    Participant

Well if you haven’t ever touched the BIOS, then probably there is something wrong with your tablet…

Anyway you can find instructions about how to install modified and stock BIOS all over the forum, just google it.

Regards!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password