Touch and Camera after clean Win10 install

Touch and Camera after clean Win10 install

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Touch and Camera after clean Win10 install

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    MisterDeery
    Participant

After receiving my iwork10 ultimate last week i decided to do a clean install of windows 10.
    I backed up my drivers with double driver, installed windows 10 and unpacked the drivers.
    Everything installed correctly, however, the touchscreen and the cameras did not work.

Device manager reported that the drivers were installed correctly.
    The touchscreen issue was fixed (thankfully) to @luka-stemberger , who kindly supplied me with a settings file, which made it work perfectly.

If anyone needs a copy of the settings file, message me and i shall send a copy.

I haven’t been able to get the cameras to work yet. If anyone knows of a fix ?

MisterDeery
    Participant

It turns out that a quick search in either the forum or google would have given me the answer to the camera problem *face palms* lol.

For those who don’t know how to resolve it, just download the drivers from here and extract the files. Then find “ISP camera device” in device manager, click update drivers and point it at the folder you extracted the drivers to. reboot and you’re done.

Still kicking myself that a simple driver issue was giving me such grief, when the fix was simply to install the damn drivers in the first place.

Hope this is of help to folks

lootab
    Participant

Ergghhh.. I wish I read this forum before! I did exactly the same thing after my iWork10 arrived and in the same boat. Camera not working and no touchscreen. I should have known better, there is always a catch with these budget tablets. 🙁

Word of warning for the uninitiated wanting to reset, caveat.. I am not sure if I was just unlucky but it was a complete screw-up. It was working fine out of the box, booted for the first time with a pre-created user called Cube. I guess the vendor tested the tablet before sending it out by creating a user. I wanted a complete fresh start so I did a Windows “Reset this PC”.  After the reboot, the PC got stuck in the “Preparing your PC” part for about 4 hours. I thought it crashed so I stupidly did a force shutdown (holding the power button) and restarted. I think I may have corrupted the install or perhaps there was something wrong with the recovery partition but I could not get it to past this preparing section. So I tried to boot from Windows 10 setup USB and do a repair but the setup got stuck in a boot loop. So I did a clean install by deleting the Windows and Recovery partition and pointing the windows install to the un-allocated space. I left the system partitions alone.

Would some kind soul please post up the touchsetting.gt file for this tablet? I assume that this the missing settings file for touch?. I found the double drivers in the techtablets download but touchscreen is still dead after restore. Many thanks in advance…

edit: just saw your update, will try the camera drivers. : )

MisterDeery
    Participant

Thought i would post this , incase anyone needs anything.

(doubledriver backup/touch settings/Camera drivers)

Should be everything required after a clean install 😀

lootab
    Participant

Just a quick update to thank MisterDeery  for providing the download and drivers! 😉 I’m sure that there will be lot of other grateful people out there too. 🙂

The tablet has a few minor flaws and occasional hair pulling moments, but considering the price and the reasonably good quality build and hardware, I think its easily one of the best out there at the moment.

Aardvarq
    Participant

Thank you MisterDeery!

My cameras and touch screen work nicely.

However, my screen will not rotate while in tablet mode.  I have gone through the web and tried many MS Win 10 instructions, but the tablet rotation setting does not show in the Settings, Display controls.  I checked to confirm my computer properties does list the Win 10 Home install as touch enabled with 10 point touch.

Maybe I did not finish re-installing the drivers?

Thank you again for your advice.

Aardvarq
    Participant

Also, I can not get the Bosch Accelerometer to be happy with default driver.  Would that affect whether Windows thought the tablet had any reason to be able to rotate the screen?  Trusted Platform Module 2.0 is also not happy with driver.

Has anyone else had trouble with these drivers after reinstalling Win 10 Home?

Have a great day.

MisterDeery
    Participant

Sorry i haven’t had that problem. I did need to run double driver twice in order to get my Bluetooth work, so it could be the same with the accelerometer .

Good luck, and let know if you have any success getting it to work

ben
    Participant

Thought i would post this , incase anyone needs anything. (doubledriver backup/touch settings/Camera drivers) Should be everything required after a clean install ?

Thanks a lot for touch screen settings you save me thanks again!

Simeon Simeonov
    Participant

Thought i would post this , incase anyone needs anything. (doubledriver backup/touch settings/Camera drivers) Should be everything required after a clean install ?

@MisterDeery
    – I just want to say Big Thank YOU! . I was really desperate today before i found your post with touch screen settings file.  Two days of agony are finally over.

Someone
    Participant

Hi, my screen isn’t responding as well, do you still have that settings file? Drivers show up correctly installed, but no input possible. Neither in dual boot setup screen or in windows, android works just fine tho. It would be a great help! Thanks in advance.

Edit:

Never mind, solved it.

Correct file can be found here if anyone else is looking for the same issue: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/dual-boot-to-windows-only/#post-52562

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Those are my files.

samra
    Participant

Hello, I could provide the drivers for the i15TD model, thanks

Deen
    Participant

Do you still have the drivers for touch and camera, because the link u gave cannot be accessed anymore…

SlimTom
    Participant

ll links are dead. can you repost ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar