Touch Screen isn't working properly in Windows 10

Touch Screen isn't working properly in Windows 10

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Touch Screen isn't working properly in Windows 10

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Drew Lawrence
    Participant

Hi Everyone. I’ve just put windows 10 on my Hi8 and I can’t get the touch screen to work properly.

Sometimes the touches come up as a single touch elsewhere on the screen. Sometimes the touches come up as double touches on the the screen.
    I’ve only had it a few days so I can’t really say it was working fine for a long time before windows 10.

I’ve used the doube driver windows 10 pack from here for drivers (i didn’t do an upgrade). I’ve also deleted Android so I can’t test in there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

JEFFREY P RUDZINSKI
    Participant

Same issue.  Posted another thread about it.  I can boot to android so I can say that it is not a physical hard ware issue as the screen works in android fine.

Drew Lawrence
    Participant

Cool. Thanks for the response.

Here’s a video of what happens YouTube

Do you want to post a link to your thread? I couldn’t find your thread…

JEFFREY P RUDZINSKI
    Participant

Watched the video, I don’t have a stylus pen, but yeah, that is pretty much what I am getting. My thread is titled “WIndows 10 Screen Messed Up”

Thus far I have tried to calibrate the screen, and I have also tried running the “chuwi-hi8_touch”, but that failed. I’m next going to try installing a different version of the OS. Wondering if it is something about the particular image I used.

jagat
    Participant

FOLLOW FIX ON MY THREAD

WINDOWS 10 SLIPSTREAMED

JEFFREY P RUDZINSKI
    Participant

I got mine working.  not 100% sure how though.  There are two files in the downloads section, one called Hi8 Touch and the other Silieadtouch.  I downloaded those, extracted them both using WinRAR.  One has two files in it and the directions say to place them in C;windows\system32,  the other has a file that you have to run as an administrator.  It rings up command prompt.  I did both, although the command prompt one seemed to fail…but in any event, after doing both and doing a full shutdown, my touch screen is now working.  Take that for what you will.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password