Touchpad bad responses after wake \ restart

Touchpad bad responses after wake \ restart

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Touchpad bad responses after wake \ restart

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Shachar Adar 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Shachar Adar
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I recently got the Teclast F6 Pro from GearBest. So far I am beyond pleased with this laptop – it’s just excellent!

I do have a strange problem – after restart or wake from sleep, the touchpad is not very responsive. I can’t get fluent movements, it’s cuts it in the middle, and a lot of the time the touchpad doesn’t respond to presses.

After a couple of minutes the touchpad is back to normal, and it’s very responsive and responds very well to clicks.
    I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem or knows about a fix for it?

Nait
    Participant

This happens to me as well. It freezes for a few seconds maybe 15, then start working again. It happens in windows and linux.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Could be a touchpad hardware issue related to temperature. I didn’t have this problem with mine in my month using it. If you just got it see if you can get it fixed, or the machine swapped for a new one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Chuwi Hi9 Plus + Keyboard, Mi Mix 3

Nait
    Participant

Mine only last about 10-15 secs after boot/reboot then works fine. It seems the issue only last until drivers or other programs are fully loaded, but this is just my guess.

Shachar Adar
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. First it’s good to know I’m not the only one plagued with this issue.

Second – I don’t think it’s a temperature issue, because this happens mostly after I turn on the computer.

After a couple of seconds, 1 minute tops, the touchscreen returns to normal and is very responsive.
    I worked with the laptop today for about 3 hours, and so far no problems with touchpad.
    But the second I put it to sleep or restart, the problem starts again

Marco
    Participant

Dont have that issue.

Seems like a hardware problem. To be sure I would reinstall windows and see what happens on the fresh install. Or even install Manjaro(only distro with working trackpad see this forum) to see if you can reproduce the problem.

Anthony
    Participant

I believe it is caused by the SIPO TP Controller. Unfortunately, it is required for disabling the touchpad when the laptop enters tablet mode, otherwise it will always stay on. When it starts up, I think it re-configures the touchpad and so it takes a while. For me it lasts, at most, 10 seconds.

Olly
    Participant

Chris is spot on, it’s a temperature issue. The touchpad is too cold. Warm it up with a hairdryer for 10 seconds and it’ll work as normal.

This can also happen if you leave the laptop powered on and idle (screen off) for a prolonged period, and heating up the touchpad will work just the same in this instance too.

Shachar Adar
    Participant

Wow I had no idea that touchpads preform badly under low temperatures!

This is such a stupid problem but I’m so happy that you’ve helped me solve it! I just put my hand on the touchpad for about 10 seconds and it warmed it right up.

Thank you again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password