Touchpad not working in Linux

Touchpad not working in Linux

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Touchpad not working in Linux

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi any update on this? I have just tried the new Ubuntu 18.10 with kernel 4.18 and trackpad is not working yet.

Thanks

Olaf
    Participant

Does anyone know when the patch in the official Ubuntu 18.04 kernel comes?

Thanks

Best

Olaf

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone know when the patch in the official Ubuntu 18.04 kernel comes? Thanks Best Olaf

I just tried Solus gnome with new kernel 4.18.5 and trackpad doesn’t work yet so don’t hold your breath. Given all my research, I honestly don’t think we are going to have any official support on this driver issue.

Thanks

Wizzard
    Participant

Is it necessary to compile whole kernel, not just one module?

Brad
    Participant

Some guys are reporting thier TP fixed with some notebooks using the latest Manjaro 18 which uses Kernel 4.19

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can confirm trackpad works 100% in manjaro 18.

Greg
    Participant

Crap I was thinking that installing arch and using the latest kernels would provide support but I was wrong :'(

Do we have any clue about how exactly support is provided via manjaro? I suppose that its also a kernel patch, so it shouldn’t be so hard to apply on other distros :S

Greg
    Participant

Sorry for the double post. So I did my research and I found the kernel patches that manjaro has applied to provide support for the i2c type devices that directly address issues for several machines along with Teclast F6 Pro and Teclast F7.

Manjaro 18’s running kernel is 4.19 patched. I downloaded the 4.20 kernel sources and queried the patched files to see if they have been updated or not and it seems that they are indeed patched! So hopefully kernel 4.20 will solve the touchpad issues along all distributions. Also, a testing version of 4.20 made it yesterday on Arch testing repository so hopefully in the upcoming days i’ll be able to verify if issues are resolved or not.

EDIT: I am so dumb I didn’t think that I could already test the package. ALL GOOD. Touchpad works like a charm in 4.20 so issue is resolved.

Wizzard
    Participant

Yes, it indeed works also in Ubuntu with 4.20 kernel, so no need to use Manjaro already.

Brad
    Participant

Yes, it indeed works also in Ubuntu with 4.20 kernel, so no need to use Manjaro already.

No need other than Manjaro being better than Ubuntu. Ha ha 😉

Wizzard
    Participant

Not really, but this is not the topic of this discussion 🙂

I also tried to replace Ubuntu by Manjaro, but later I found out that it is not so good as it seems.

Wizzard
    Participant

Ubuntu 19.04 with kernel 5.0 supports our touchpad out of the box 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar