Touchpad stops working when using external mouse

Touchpad stops working when using external mouse

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Touchpad stops working when using external mouse

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kalle
    Participant

Sometimes when I plug in an external mouse the touchpad stops working completely both on Windows and Manjaro. I have to do serveral Cold reboots to get it working again. Anyone else having this issue?

Chris G
    Keymaster

I was going to say you have that option enabled to disable it in Windows under the precision trackpad when a mouse is plugged in. But then you say it’s happening in Linux so completely unsure what it would be. Sounds hardware related. What version do you have? V4 or V5+?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Kalle
    Participant

I have the V4 version. Sometimes it does work though and sometimes it stops working when I wake the machine, having to reboot 10 times to get it working again. When I get it working, it will work fine for a couple of weeks sometimes and sometimes it will stop working serveral days in a row. Now I’ve done 10 reboots and cold boots, nothing seems to work. Even booted Windows, doesn’t work there either. Took a look  in the device manager, has some errors but no on the touchpad.

View post on imgur.com

Kalle
    Participant

I opened the laptop and reseated the flat cable for the touchpad, seems to have fixed it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar