touchsetting.gt file for TBook 16 Power

touchsetting.gt file for TBook 16 Power

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series touchsetting.gt file for TBook 16 Power

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rex 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Frank Reedy
    Participant

Can anyone post the touchsetting.gt file from their TBook 16? I’ve clean installed Windows 10 but now the touch screen is inverted so difficult to use as a tablet. Other solutions would also be appreciated!

Thanks

Frank.

Mario
    Participant

Interested

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

I hope you will find what you are searching in this folder.

https://actiftech.com

Frank Reedy
    Participant

Thanks for the post but I think those are the driver files. No, the file is in C:\windows\INF and is called touchsetting.gt (or very similar). If someone with a working TBook 16 Power could attach or upload I could see if that would fix the issue.

Roy Michoma
    Participant

interested! planning to reinstall my tablet as a windows 10 pro only system but need confirmation about the touchscreen

Frank Reedy
    Participant

Roy,

If you’re TBook 16 is working at the moment, then all you need to do is copy the touchsetting.gt currently in the C:\Windows\INF folder to a memory stick and then copy it back once you’ve reinstalled the tablet. If you have a working file, please attach it to a reply to this post so that I (and others) can use it.

Frank.

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

I didn’t find it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

https://actiftech.com

Frank Reedy
    Participant

Thanks for looking. Does your touchscreen work okay? Might be I’m looking for the wrong thing. However, from what I’ve read elsewhere, the correct settings in the file fix the problem I have with the inverted touch.

Roy Michoma
    Participant

Here is my dump of the INF folder, however i cannot locate the touchsetting file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Frank Reedy
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the response. It must be some other issue that causes the inverted touchscreen. I’ll keep looking around.

Roy Michoma
    Participant

please post solution once you get it.

BTW is it possible to install Win 10 pro to work with Android in Dual boot? by just installing Win 10 Pro in the existing Win 10 Home partition?

Frank Reedy
    Participant

Yes, it is possible to keep the Dual Boot. I was able to install the Windows 10 Creator Update. You can use the boot options in Windows 10 settings (go to Recovery, Advanced Start-Up) to boot from the USB. Once past the Dual OS choice, the windows boot menu shows to allow you to boot from a USB stick. It may show up in Chinese (I know it did the first time I tried it) so see if you can get a screen print of the English options.

Frank Reedy
    Participant

Finally my touchscreen is working correctly. The way it worked (and this wasn’t planned at all) was that I joined the Windows Insider program on the tablet (which is under the updates part of the windows settings) on the Slow Ring and then asked it to scan for updates. It then came back with an update to the Intel HD Graphics driver. Once that update had installed, the touchscreen now works correctly!

I don’t know if that will work for anyone else.

Frnak.

rex
    Participant

It must be some other issue that causes the inverted touchscreen

hi frank

i had same issue …pls teach me how to fix this.

mine is teclast tbook 16. done with win 10 pro. everything work except inverted touchscreen.

tq in advance

Frank Reedy
    Participant

Hi Rex,

Not sure what I did will repeat the fix if you tried it now!

I enrolled into the Microsoft Windows Insider Program and then went into Settings -> Update -> Scan for Updates.

As part of the updates downloaded, it included an update the Intel graphics driver which, when it installed and the tablet rebooted, the screen orientation worked correctly.

Whether downloading the relevant Intel Graphics Driver direct would do it, I don’t know. I no longer have the tablet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password