Trackpad working in LINUX finally!!!!

Trackpad working in LINUX finally!!!!

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Trackpad working in LINUX finally!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Brad
    Participant

On Ubuntu 18.10 even with kernel 4.19 it’s not working, at least reported by some Chuwi Lapbook Air owners.
    They said the following non-mainline (testing) 4.17 kernel worked… https://people.canonical.com/~khfeng/lp1728244-testing/
    This might also be the case for Linux Mint and/or other notebooks.
    Manjaro must be doing something different with their 4.19 kernel – maybe they include some different firmware file(s)?
    Or the kernel is slightly newer … some 4.19.xx version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

At the moment Manjaro is the way to go if you want linux fully working on this laptop.

Wizzard
    Participant

I confirm that in Manjaro it works, I will keep it as a second Linux installation

Told you ? By the way, the only problem I have found is the UI scaling as full HD is too tiny for me on a 13.3 laptop, How did you solve this? In windows I have scaling factor to 125% and Its fine but I cant find anything similar in Linux

I just set the font dpi to 120, it has the same effect like setting scaling factor to 125 percent. Also in Firefox I have set layout.css.devPixelsPerPx property to 1.25

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! what I did was to lower the resolution to 1600×900 and now looks good I have to change that setting in firefox. where do you get into that? in config file?

Brad
    Participant

Btw, I recommend installing Timeshift linux backup utility and use an external USB drive for storing the backups.
    I think LinuxMint 19 ships with Timeshift already installed (and enabled?) by default.
    On Windows, the backup app I use is Macreum Reflect Free edition.</p>

Wizzard
    Participant

Thanks! what I did was to lower the resolution to 1600×900 and now looks good I have to change that setting in firefox. where do you get into that? in config file?

Just enter about:config to Firefox URL and you will see all the hidden varibles.

Juan
    Participant

For those who prefer ubuntu, there is an easy way to make the touchpad work. Just follow these steps: <span>https://github.com/sridwan/Ubuntu-Kernel-for-Teclast-F7</span&gt;

Wizzard
    Participant

Nice, but what about those using 18.10 and later?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe in the new 19.04

Wizzard
    Participant

Ubuntu devel now has 4.19 kernel in repo and touchpad still does not work.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password