Type C, rev. 2 (i15TCL) – connecting to computer using provided Type C Cable

Type C, rev. 2 (i15TCL) – connecting to computer using provided Type C Cable

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Type C, rev. 2 (i15TCL) – connecting to computer using provided Type C Cable

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steve C 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Steve C
    Participant

Hello, could anyone please confirm that you have succesfully detected your iWork10 in either adb or Intels’ platform flash tool using the Type C cable provided with the tablet? I have no luck detecting the tablet, I’ve tried two different computers and three different OSes (Win7, Win10, Linux 4.6.4) but iWork10 just doesn’t show up. Not in the device manager in windows, not in dmesg in Linux – so I’m thinking it might be due to the cable shipped with it. It charges with it just fine though. Unfortunately I don’t have any other Type C cable at home so before I buy one – could someone please confirm or disconfirm they had any luck connecting the tablet using the cable provided?

Thanks.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Doesn’t it just show up after you enable USB debugging under Android developer settings?

Steve C
    Participant

I can’t unfortunately boot to Android at the moment ( http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/unable-to-boot-android-win10-boots-ok/ ), so can’t really say. Windows work fine though and I can without a problem boot from USB stick containing a live Linux distro. It’s just that I’m unable to detect the tablet neither in the dnx fastboot mode using intels’ platform flash tool nor in recovery using adb.

Siu Lay
    Participant

Are you connecting it to a real type-C PC port? or a standard PC USB port? iWork10 c port is just a converter hooking up to an internal USB2. It didn’t get the spec right and it is a mess.

Steve C
    Participant

I’m connecting it to a standard PC USB port, the cable I was sent is a standard USB (Type A) on one end an a Type C on the other.

J
    Participant

I can confirm that the type c can use adb in windows 7 using the stock cable

Steve C
    Participant

Thanks for confirmation J! Now I’m just lost.

Siu Lay
    Participant

+1. The stock cable will work with adb

J
    Participant

The cable is widely perceived to be rubbish though. I recommend plugging the device into Linux and using dmesg to see if it registers that a new USB device has been plugged. If not, there’s a problem.. Probably the cable

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

I read your other post with your weird SD card problem and I still don’t get it. Why does your Android not boot anymore, where you claimed you did nothing to it? Did you root it? Maybe remove the sd card and then boot into Android? Why does factory reset not work for you? There are recovery images here on the forums, use one of them.

Steve C
    Participant

Siu: Thanks

J: Already tried, dmesg doesn’t register the device at all though. I just booted a marshmallow based Remix OS from USB (works reasonably well, touchscreen is all over the place though and wi-fi doesn’t work, but apart from it – pleasantly surprised!), enabled usb debugging, connected to my PC – and still nothing. I guess it really must be the cable (fingers crossed it’s nothing internal).

Hans: Why does the Android does not boot? Beats the hell out of me! Not a clue, really. No, I didn’t root, I didn’t change the recovery, all I did was install ext2fsd in Win10. The SD Card was the first place to be gone, still no luck. As for the images – I know, I’d like to use one of them, but how can I use them when I can’t connect the tablet to a PC? Is there a way to flash Android image from running Windows that I’m not aware of?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password