Ubuntu on the Cube Thinker?

Ubuntu on the Cube Thinker?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Thinker Ubuntu on the Cube Thinker?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    treize
    Participant

I found that you don’t actually have to go in sleep to get the touchpad working again most of the time. What works fairly reliably for me is to run the rmmod with the modprobe in one command, and while the command is running (presumably its then in the module initialization part) you tap or click. Usually the command returns then like it recognizes incoming data from the touchpad and it’ll work again. In the beginning I also just ran the command and waited for it to return and it didn’t work most of the time, until I learned this trick. Hope it helps.

Diego Zuccotti
    Participant

as espected same situation with Linux Mint 18.3. Touchpad not working, sometimes reloading module makes it work but not always. Sound click at boot and shutdown. Obtained brightness settings through applet. Touch screen working but could not find how to get right click. System is fast but not faster than Windows. Good linux machine but I ended using Windows more while on other machines after installing Linux there is nothing else. The point is this device works so well with Windows I do not really feel necessary to switch.

Keeping partition ready, maybe I will try chrome os or better phucsia os as soon as available.

Luis
    Participant

Some good update for those of you using linux on this laptop.,

With Ubuntu 18.04 and latest kernel 4.17 the touchpad phisical buttons work.

I did not experience touchpad freezing at the moment on resume but on system reboot it did. The problem is solved unloading and reloading the hid_multitouch module.

The popping sound of the Intel sound card is also there at boot, sleep and resume though.

Carlos
    Participant

Really nice thread. Loving the i35 with linux. I have tried ubuntu 18.04 and the touchpad is working fine although i have some issues like random reboots, a few seconds or minutes after session start, or sometimes it will just loop over the display manager (login screen). So I have rolled back to ubuntu 16.04 and hope a newer kernel on 18.04 will fix these issues soon.

Luis
    Participant

Hi Carlos,

I did not notice any of those reboot problems. Did you try to install the latest available kernel with ukuu?

Regards,

Luis

Luis
    Participant

Hi Carlos,

I had to send back the laptop because the keyboard was working terrible, some double keystrokes and many missed ones.

Can you please post the output of lsusb -t command?

I want to know if the speed of the usb-c bus is 10Gbit as it shows on the promotional or norml 5Gbit.

Regards,

Luis

Carlos
    Participant

Hi Luis,

Here is the output:

lsusb -t
    /: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/6p, 5000M
    /: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/12p, 480M
    |__ Port 2: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 8, If 2, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 8, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 8, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 5: Dev 4, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
    |__ Port 5: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
    |__ Port 7: Dev 5, If 0, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M
    |__ Port 7: Dev 5, If 1, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M
    |__ Port 9: Dev 6, If 0, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
    |__ Port 9: Dev 6, If 1, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M

It says 5000, so I guess It is only 5 Gbit speed

Luis
    Participant

Yes Carlos, it seems former USB 3.0 speed.

Crispr
    Participant

This is a fantastic laptop to use with Linux, but the trackpad was a problem. The physical trackpad button now works with Ubuntu 18.04 once you install a 4.17 or newer mainline kernel.

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

Brad
    Participant

This is a fantastic laptop to use with Linux, but the trackpad was a problem. The physical trackpad button now works with Ubuntu 18.04 once you install a 4.17 or newer mainline kernel. http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

Are you sure about “or newer” as of today?  Has the fix already been rolled into mainline releases of 4.17 and/or 4.18 ?  People need to know so they don’t install the wrong version.

Crispr
    Participant

I installed 4.17.10 which has the fix. I didn’t try a 4.18rc kernel since I don’t want to be that bleeding-edge.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar