Uefi Bios: inject Windows product key saved as bin file

Uefi Bios: inject Windows product key saved as bin file

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot Uefi Bios: inject Windows product key saved as bin file

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys,

i’ve Teclast x98 Air 3G upgrated to Windows 10, UEFI Bios 2.02 and Android 5 by Mirek190 v5.

I’ve saved Win 8.1 product key (bin file) before upgrading to Windows 10 and before upgrading the UEFI Bios to 2.02.

Now, I discover that Teclast Utility say it successfully injected product key to the bios but it is not real, cause if I try again to read product key from the bios, it cannot find it!

How is it possible? Teclast Utility is not compatible with Windows 10 Home?

Edit: if I open the bin file I’m able to see my Windows product key, so the bin file is ok.

Posted the same question on XDA in order to share info.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now it works!
    How to:
    0) Install the tool in C:\bios\
    1) Copy the productkey.bin to C:\bios\
    2) Rename teclast_bios_tool.exe to tool.exe
    3) Open tool.exe and restore the Key
    😀
    Originalli posted on italian forum: alternative-forum.it

Julyfish
    Participant

Hi Massimo,

Could you please advise how to make a Windows 8.1 key (bin file) and where to get the Teclast Utility?  Many thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Massimo, Could you please advise how to make a Windows 8.1 key (bin file) and where to get the Teclast Utility? Many thanks.

Yeah, you can use Teclast Tool and follow this guide I wrote.

TecKnight

Massimo,
    2 things:
    1. Having your product key actually stored in your BIOS is not a necessity, it is merely a convenience. As long as you have saved the product key somewhere, you simply enter it during the Windows 8.1 installation. If your key is properly injected, the Windows 8.1 install will extract the key from the BIOS, rather than asking you to enter it. That is the reason I don’t recommend extracting and re-injecting your key in the 2.02 BIOS update tutorial here:
    http://techtablets.com/forums/topic/ttt-update-the-bios-on-your-x98-air-ii3g-to-the-latest-dual-boot-version-2-02/#post-9966
    That and the fact that the Teclast utility is entirely in Chinese and I wasn’t able to find a reliable English translation. I tried using the utility blind and I think I may have gotten it to extract my product key, but I could never find the file.
    I now know a consistent, reliable and in English method for extracting the key, but do not have a method to inject it just yet.

Extract key from BIOS (not Registry) with this (From CMD prompt):
    powershell "(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey"

2. The product key is only good on the exact OS version shipped with your tablet (Usually Windows 8.1 Bing), it cannot be used directly as a Windows 10 product key.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Tecknight,

thanks for all your good guides.

Yep, I know that, but if it is possible to inject it, why don’t? 🙂

It is a simple procedure, as you can see on XDA..

TecKnight

It’s far from simple
    here are his instructions:

How to restore Windows Product Key in Uefi Bios:
    0) Install the Teclast Tool in C:\bios\
    1) Copy the productkey.bin to C:\bios\
    2) Rename teclast_bios_tool.exe to tool.exe
    3) Open tool.exe rand restore the Key

Where does productkey.bin come from ?
    I’ll tell you where. It comes from running the program that is all chinese and very confusing and he has no instructions for.
    Also when you open tool.exe after renaming it, that is the same confusing all chinese program with no instructions

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m Maxximo88 on XDA, that are my instructions..I know the tool and I think it is really easy to use..I will make a visual guide..

You fan use also Google Translate app (photo to chinese words)..

TecKnight

Massimo,
    It’s not like I haven’t tried running the program before, but I found it completely confusing and far from intuitive. I would click a button and get a chinese message. I had no idea if I had gotten an error, extracted a key or injected one. also I could never find any files that might have been an extracted key. I tried to find something in English that adequately described how to use it, but I found only instructions similar to yours, where they already assumed I had a productkey or had a single step. Bottom line is, if I knew Chinese, you could have 1 step telling me to extract the product key and I could do it easily.
    But unfortunately I do not

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep I understand..

Unfortunately , this program has not been developed in English . However , I think I’ll make a video to explain how to use it is to restore the backup key in the UEFI BIOS. If users want to use it, at least they could have a visual guide ..

Anonymous
    Inactive

HiTecknight,

I did the video guide, so people who want to use it could follow this easy video!

Link to YouTube video:

Julyfish
    Participant

Thanks so much Massimo and Techknight.

Michiel
    Participant

Massimo, can you give more information about the created .bin file? The reason is that I’d like to add my Windows 10 key to the bios, but the Air III I ordered is Android only, so there’s no Windows 10 key present in the bios. I have my own key I’d like to add. If I can create my own .bin file, I’d be able to flash it directly into the Air III 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar