[ultimate 8] is it a Bug or a faulty device? (bluetooth+wifi=not working)

[ultimate 8] is it a Bug or a faulty device? (bluetooth+wifi=not working)

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion [ultimate 8] is it a Bug or a faulty device? (bluetooth+wifi=not working)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

I have noticed something that I don’t know whether is a general bug or a problem of my device.

I have bought a Bluetooth mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard (with touchpad).

When I connect only the mouse or the keyboard there is no problem, everything works fine. If I connect both of them at the same time, they work too (many people ask if they can connect 2 Bluetooth devices simultaneously. Well, yes it is possible.) but I have no internet.

Although it seems to be connected to my network, I cannot open any webpage. It is also impossible to download any file.

If I turn off Bluetooth or disconnect one of the devices, no matter which of them, internet comes back to normal speed.

Unfortunately I don’t have any other Bluetooth device to test.

I must say that this problem appeared from the first time I bought the tablet.

It appears both on windows and android. So it hasn’t to do with drivers. I believe it’s a hardware issue.

Recently I re-installed windows and nothing changed.

Has anyone noticed this?

Matthew
    Participant

Try flashing “[PORT][ROM][15.7.] Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air” from Modaco and see if the problem persists.

Tony
    Participant

I ‘ll try it. But i dont’ think that it has to do with the rom.

same problem both on android and windows too.

anyway, I’ll inform about…

OptoMan
    Participant

flashing a 3rd party rom is probably not a good way to go about solving your problem — I don’t have a nail-head for you but here’s what I’ve got

Do test your keyboard/mouse with a standard computer to make sure they are all capable, and realize what the bluetooth receiver is — is it a little piece stuck in a usb port?  is it onboard your computer?

now carry that thought over to your tablet — bluetooth is not a fast protocol and it’s also very low power — and handheld devices are also low power, all radio transmitters are weaker and antennas are smaller than on a laptop or desktop.  let’s not forget a slower cpu.

bluetooth is a common area for problems but it’s usually because people are asking too much — what else is your device doing?  is it an apple?  (why do you think *they* are like that?)  first things to try for more commong bt issues are to see if it’s trying to do anything useless, like syncing contacts with my headphones.

I’d like to show the slower processor (fastest *tablet* tablet I’ve ever laid my hands on tho!) and trying to keep a solid connection with each device.

probably can’t like all the fyi, but there are choices out there for wireless input devices, and many of them are proprietary having their own receivers, even tho they are on 2.4GHz which doesn’t mean they are necessarily bluetooth — these other devices usually perform better than bluetooth

Tony
    Participant

Try flashing “[PORT][ROM][15.7.] Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air” from Modaco and see if the problem persists.

Ι flashed remixOS and reinstalled windows.

nothing changed.

so, it has to do with the tablet. maybe a bug, but none has mentioned it.

OptoMan
    Participant

a month old hope you’re good — I would double check you’re pairing the devices properly with Android.

I can’t be the only one that has noticed that if you have a bluetooth device paired with an android, and then, turn off bt device or tablet(or let sleep), and power on .. they say paired but half the time they’re not.  drop down android controls and turn off bluetooth and turn back on, does a full pair.  see in bt settings information about paired devices and see what you can and can’t allow, media, phone, contacts, whatever kb/mouse have, might not make it the way they were after a re-pair .. anyone?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar