Unbrick Teclast X98 Pro BIOS USB Flash

Unbrick Teclast X98 Pro BIOS USB Flash

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Unbrick Teclast X98 Pro BIOS USB Flash

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Felix
    Participant

Hello,

i think i also bricked my X98 Pro. When i try to turn it on it does not boot properly and just stays in a bootloop. I also can not get into the bios anymore.

I ordered the right adapter to flash the bios, but which bios do i have to download and flash? I have the dual boot version of the tablet.

Thanks

Clemens Bräuer
    Participant

Hey Guys,

i have a bricked Tbook 11 (after Windows Updates -.-) now i want falsh my BIOS. I have all adapter and software but NO BIOS file for a Teclast Tbook 11.

They have the same Chip (GD 25LQ64CVIG) inside and the same Specs like RAM and so on…. can i take the BIOS file from the x98 pro or have some of you a BIOS for tbook 11 ??

In a near future i will have a second Tbook 11 from China (as refund by gearbest), can i copy the BIOS from the new one to the old one ? Pls help me in the tbook selection nobody talk to me 🙂

Thanks guys Best regards Clemens

(sry for my bad school english-in germany they are not so much british or american people to train 😀 )

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Francisco
    Participant

Hola a todos

tengo una teclas x98 pro , tuve unos problemas al principio pero pude solucionarlos

lo que quisiera saber si se puede formatear de cero e instalar solo el windows 10

X98 PRO (K9C3)-Windows10 y como es la mejor manera

os estaria muy agradecidos

gracias

switchgott
    Participant

Hi,

i need your fast help please!!

I have a pipo w1s and like to flash the bios new, because pipo send me the wrong one and my tablet was brick.

I get all thinks to flash it, SPI Adapter, 1,8V Adapter and the black CH341A.

My problem are the solder position from winbond chip.

Its an 25Q64FW.

And the solders are to deep to get it with the adapter.

I tried to stick some kabels inside the adapter.

And the chips was detected, but i could flash it.

Error 3 timeout, and somtimes the dissagre with the local file.

The chip is empty.

I thinks, its because of not realy goog contact with the chip.

Does someone have a big tip for me, how i can get the contact right for flashing it?

I have no realy idea, because i havent such a finde solder device for it.

Please help.

Big big thanks..

Bye

V4Vendetta
    Participant

Not exactly sure which connector you are using but mine fits fine on the Teclast x98 pro that I flashed fine. I think chris here mentioned that his didn’t fit correctly and bought one from the suggested link on this thread. I also bought from the same place.

V4Vendetta
    Participant

I tried programming mine. It all programmed well. Working well so far. The programming kit is not useful to me anymore. If anyone wants to buy from me, let me know. I have the programmer, voltage divider board and the clip with cable.

jm
    Participant

Hello

I bricked my Teclast x98 Pro (K9C6)

I have bought the USB Programmer: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CH341A-24-25-Series-EEPROM-Flash-BIOS-USB-Programmer-with-Software-Driver/32548383393.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.N4KM0x

and cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-SOIC8-SOP8-Test-Clip-For-EEPROM-93CXX-25CXX-24CXX-in-circuit-programming-on-USB/32584011251.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.N4KM0x

I connect the cable without a problem to the chip, I load the new Bios image, I erase the old one, I program the chip with success, but when I verify I get an error message “chip with the contents are in disagreement”… is there anything I can do? What is causing that error?

I have attached a screenshot after reprogramming and it looks good but it does not help…

Thanks in advance for the help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    V4Vendetta
    Participant

The items you bought looks exactly like mine. I programmed my teclast and it works fine.

Can you try programming again?

jm
    Participant

The items you bought looks exactly like mine. I programmed my teclast and it works fine. Can you try programming again?

I have tried loads of times, I also thought the cable would be the problem and bought a new one… the result is still the same.

The programmer does not recognice my chip, everytime I click on detect it comes as unknown and some numers in the parameters change. I select the chip model manually and reprograme it with no success 🙁

V4Vendetta
    Participant

The items you bought looks exactly like mine. I programmed my teclast and it works fine. Can you try programming again?

Sorry for the late reply.

I have tried loads of times, I also thought the cable would be the problem and bought a new one… the result is still the same. The programmer does not recognice my chip, everytime I click on detect it comes as unknown and some numers in the parameters change. I select the chip model manually and reprograme it with no success ?

I don’t think my programmer detected the chip either. It came up with unknown if I remember it right. I selected the chip manually (it was selected by default I think) and it programmed without and any error. Follow the instruction on this forum carefully and you should be able to program it.

Philipp
    Participant

Exact the same Chip on TBook 16 Power, same Problem. It can’t read (everything is “00”) and after every write it complains a mismatch because it still reads “00”.

Stephane Rousseau
    Participant

@alebarce I’m trying to find one that might hold on better. But they all look the same on the internet. Let me know if you find anything and i’ll do the same. I need to restore this tablet so it’s not a $231 brick, wish I never tried the v1.13 bios on the K9C3, but it worked just fine on my X98 Pro (K9C6).

Hello Chris and all friens here,

So would mean that with these I could wake up My X98 pro K9C6 ?

Shortening my story is that :
    – My K9C6 started to have problem the day I tryed to modify the “power managment” about buttons rules in the WINDOWS part… It made mess TOTALY even in the Android mode looking like this I’d like to understand the reasons…
    As from there, windows crashed and dual boot menu dissapeared and no windows anymore, the tablet was booting LONG BOOT 3 minutes to open android mode… BUT the tablet seemed unstable greatly when charge more than 80%… it was restarting by itself repeatidly … but android was working well from 0% to 80 % battery charge… (77 – 80 %)
    What it was coming from ? the values I changes when Windows was still alive did change something somewhere ???? No clue…. 🙁
    From there I rooted it and installed mirek V6….  Android was working same well but upper dans 80% battery problem still there, very unstable restarting by itself mostly when not using it or when try sleeping mode… ANY CLUE ANYBODY PLEASE ?
    I really read all from everywhere I can’t understand what to do… And finaly, this unstable mode at when I was at 97 % battery the tablet switch off and never started again… I am on mirek V6 1.5/56 Gb installation, and bios 1.14… I wanted to downgrade the bios to 1.13 that is looking better than the originakl 1.14 I had… but actually, dead tablet is a bit annoying…
    Do someone have any answers about my experience ? What would you advise please  ?

Atanas Minkov
    Participant

Hello!

Does anyone have v1.05 dumb from x98 pro (K9C6)?

I’m trying to unbrick mine but with no luck…

Takashi Kuratsuwa
    Participant

Please help me. I bricked my X98 Plus II which uses GD 25LQ64CVIG. If you are interested in how this happened, please visit my post;

Teclast X98 Plus II not stable

It looks I have to flash the Bios to unbrick it. I ordered the writer, clip and 1.8 voltage converter. But I have three Bios files;

1. afuwin.rom 4,096KB which was saved on my X98 Plus II with AFUWIN before the bricking. Version is 3.05

2. X98 Plus II Bios.rom 4.096 version 5.01 which was downloaded from the following site;

Teclast X98 Plus II BIOS Settings Presentation. Download BIOS file from here!

3. TD-BI-9.7-S97CTR110-C55A-001-E 8,192KB This was sent from Teclast to me.

Does anyone know why the third one has double the size of first and second? Which one should I use with the with the CH341a writer?

stam
    Participant

Hello all

After a succesfull biosupgrade to v113 my x98 pro was dead after 2 days of reading on this forum and trying all kinds of different start combinations i opened the pro and desoldered the 25lq64cv.

I used my tl866 to flash the chip, it is set to 1.8 v by the programmer,  programmed it with v301 and soldered .

After that the pro was running with windows v1703 and mirek v6.

Thanks for the usefull information on this site

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar