Unbricking a Hi12…(don't try dual boot yet) :S

Unbricking a Hi12…(don't try dual boot yet) :S

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Unbricking a Hi12…(don't try dual boot yet) :S

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Christiansen 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Nick
    Participant

I may have got a little overzealous with the Dual boot files that have just been released (been waiting ages for this) and tried to flash the new BIOS. Everything boots and flashes as expected but I got an error towards the end and the screen went blank…it doesn’t come back on anymore now.

Any ideas on if I can rescue from this? Hopefully we will get a working dual boot but for now – it’s probably wise to wait for a guide from Chuwi I have learned!

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

same for me process fail at. 80%
    bios is not good for all it seem

flashed original single os bios with hardware flasher, seem not want too boot too …

TWICE
    Participant

indeed. troublesome bios

Chris G
    Keymaster

Whoa, close, so close. I was about to flash mine. Good thing I read this, sorry about the bricks. I’ve done it countless times now. Okay so Chuwi is correct, it can’t be flash, some hardware changes I guess is the problem. You’ll need to find the original Win 10 model bios and flash it with a USB programmer to recover the bricked Hi12.

This guide will help, it’s essentially the same, just use the Cube H12 bios file

EPROM in the CHuwi Hi12 is a 1.8v Winbond 25Q64V, so select WINBOND W25Q64 in CH341A, but be careful the USB flashers are for 3.3v chips use a logic level converter.

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/dual-os-version-announced/page/2/#post-27702

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

emily
    Participant

Hello,

Chuwi Hi12 has two version for single OS and Dualboot.

If you are single OS (Windows Only), please download official files from Chuwi Official Forum:

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-167-1-1.html ( for firmware and driver)

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-277-1-1.html (for Bios X64 and Camera Driver for cannot recording)

If you are dualboot with windows10 and android 5.1 , please download official files from Chuwi Official Forum:

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1160-1-1.html

GBAM
    Participant

HI all;

is there any method to turn a single boot chuwi h12 (I only have win 10)  into a dual boot one?

does flashing a dual boot firmware do the job? Thanks.

Richard Russell
    Participant

HI all; is there any method to turn a single boot chuwi h12 (I only have win 10) into a dual boot one? does flashing a dual boot firmware do the job? Thanks.

No, the closest thing is installing phoenix OS, but WiFi doesn’t work

Robert A
    Participant

I’m also in the same boat with a bricked Hi12

I ordered a programmer and a sop8 clip, I was too impatient for the 1.8v adapter to come and figured hearing of other people’s success, I thought I’d try without it.

So, everything went smoothly. It detected the chip just fine with the right model number everything. Flashed it with the battery wires desoldered. Flash verified to be the same as the bin file.

Touch the battery wires back (without soldering, and they measured 6.3v), try to power on, and nothing.

Retried with the older dual boot firmware, same thing. Bios chip reads and verifies great.

I can’t figure it out. Surely it wouldn’t verify correctly or even be subsequently readable if there was a problem after flashing.

Any ideas?

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

That 6.3v is a strange voltage for battery. On my dual boot version the batteries are in parallel so 3.7v flat or 4.2v charged. When it was over discharged while I was waiting for my tools to flash bios the battery got down to 3.3v and needed a good charge to boot even after reprogramming chip.

The chip is definitely 1.8v and although it may verify when programmed at 3.3v it may be damaged and not work at normal frequency.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password