Unused connectors on motherboard

Unused connectors on motherboard

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Unused connectors on motherboard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dominik
    Participant

Hi,

After seeing Chris’es video about heat sink mod, I starting wondering if we could use those empty connectors on motherboard?

There appear to be three of them not used at all. And since almost 1/3 of tablets’ volume is not used (thought it is very slim in that area), I think it could be great to use them somehow 🙂

Any ideas on using that?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Not sure what the are for, but great if it was possible to hook up a 2.5″ ssd to one of them. I think one could me a form of mini pcie? Not sure however. Can anyone ID them?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Dominik
    Participant

Not sure what the are for, but great if it was possible to hook up a 2.5″ ssd to one of them. I think one could me a form of mini pcie? Not sure however. Can anyone ID them?

Hey Chris, nice to hear from you. Would it be possible that you post high quality photos of these ports? I would post those on reddit, or some technical board, but I dont have the device 🙂

Victor
    Participant

Hi guys,

I bought this laptop yesterday at Gearbest but if I get to see this forum and Chris’ videos first, I do not.

Anyway, @Dominik I can share with you the pictures what you asking for in a few days, because I’ll try Chris’ solutions for the laptop’s troubles.

Regards

Andras Kenez
    Participant

It’s great shame but tablet Atoms ( Z8300/Z8500) do not suport SATA port

xenoworld
    Participant

There was mention of a heatsink mod for the Jumper.

Can anyone please post a link to the video?

Thanks

Phobosko
    Participant

The second batch ones (with toshiba emmc) do not have the ‘extra’ ports soldered on the motherboard. 🙁

Ali Ma’sum
    Participant

The second batch ones (with toshiba emmc) do not have the ‘extra’ ports soldered on the motherboard. ?

how to determine 1st batch or 2nd batch ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password